Run off the road

Man Ozzie, I'm glad you are okay. I bet you scared the sh*t out of that fence!

Thanks Pete, for changing the tune...Matt & Jules...Belt up the pair of you! This thread is about someone's misfortune, not your personal feud...keep it out of here...period!

On the bright side, nice to see so many well wishes to one of the forum's most dedicated riders, who defines what biking is about....

:cheer: for Mike!

:rockon:

Glad your OK bro :thumbup:

Thanks mate.:thumbup:

I was caging a few years ago in my 2006 mitsubishi eclipse that I loved, on my way to work, when some jerk in a white truck ran me off the road. I flipped my car several times and totaled it. I didnt get hurt, but I never got a chance to beat the drivers a**. Thats why they dont stop, because unstable people like me will beat them so the cant drive anymore. Ride safe all

I feel your pain mate. I've been hit and run in the car too.:(

Man Ozzie, I'm glad you are okay. I bet you scared the sh*t out of that fence!

LMAO. There was a fence. There was fear. There may have been some sh*t.

I'm not saying if it was the fence or me that was scared...lol. Suffice it to say those underdurps needed a good sudsing when I got home.:eek::spank::spank::ban: But most of that was from the big green hard thing that nearly hit me. I'm pretty happy I didn't hit the fence though. I've known 2 people in my time that had to put their finger over a hole in their throat to talk due to barbed wire:eek:.

Cheers
Mike

Bit of an update on my shmack into the deck.

My shin has a slight bruise. My shoulder was tight for day one.

My inner thigh is a little strained but will probably be OK tomorrow and the slight pain in my side is gone now:cheer:.

I was so lucky man.

And three cheers for gear:cheer::cheer::cheer:.

Reckon I was doing between 30-40 km/h when I hit the deck, low side.

Found another dent in my tank from my knee...DOH!

To all of you ladies and gents that showed concern, thank you from the bottom of my heart (or what's left of it these days...LMAO).
Makes me feel better just thinking about it.

Cheers
Mike

nice to see so many well wishes to one of the forum's most dedicated riders, who defines what biking is about....

:cheer: for Mike!

:rockon:

I think I've redefined my own ideas of what biking is about ( with the help of some mates). I was pretty cut up when I rang you after the off, but the quick response to my call, the help with bits and getting things back in working order then dragging me out for a coffee, worked wonders.

I love being on my bike (surprise, surprise) but I am very happy with where my bike has taken me with regards to my riding buddies and mates.

Thanks guys. *sniff sniff*:Flash:

:thumbup:Jamies absolutely right, you are representative of what the biking etho's is all about....Kudos to you little buddy and I hope petrol becomes so cheap that you can go to town with that can of yours....will even buy you a WHOLE box of lighters for your birthday...

Bit of an update on my shmack into the deck.

My shin has a slight bruise. My shoulder was tight for day one.

My inner thigh is a little strained but will probably be OK tomorrow and the slight pain in my side is gone now:cheer:.

I was so lucky man.

And three cheers for gear:cheer::cheer::cheer:.

Reckon I was doing between 30-40 km/h when I hit the deck, low side.

Found another dent in my tank from my knee...DOH!

To all of you ladies and gents that showed concern, thank you from the bottom of my heart (or what's left of it these days...LMAO).
Makes me feel better just thinking about it.

Cheers
Mike

Glad to hear your on the mend mate :thumbup:.......Could have been a whole lot worse , so i think you should spill the beans on what sort of gear did the trick for you :D....Ive low sided my bike at 30 kph before and was suprised how little i felt aswell thanks to the gear.......Until i took my jacket off and saw how much my elbow had swollen but she came good :D must of just driven the elbow pad into it wrong or something...

Glad to hear your on the mend mate :thumbup:.......Could have been a whole lot worse , so i think you should spill the beans on what sort of gear did the trick for you :D....Ive low sided my bike at 30 kph before and was suprised how little i felt aswell thanks to the gear.......Until i took my jacket off and saw how much my elbow had swollen but she came good :D must of just driven the elbow pad into it wrong or something...

Mate, I was not going too fast even when I was going hard (chose a tight road for my ride) so I only wore my Draggin jeans and my Rjays mesh jacket, with the default armour in it.

My jeans are unmarked as is my jacket. The armour is in exactly the right place on the jacket for the elbow and shoulder. There are kidney pads and a very large back pad.
There are other assorted pads in other places.

It's a $100 dollar jacket. Dirt cheap, cool in summer and has already paid for itself. And I can keep wearing it.

Due to having no neck...lol... my helmet is still untouched and my right boot has a tiny scuff on it. My shin where the engine landed on it has a bruise but the boot protected me well. Berik race gp.

The most impressive part for me though was the jeans. I was a little dubious about entrusting my skin to these things but even without armour they cushioned well and held up perfectly.

I reckon I'll still get some sort of knee brace/armour though, especially if I do track days. Leathers are all well and good but some good lateral twisting of the knee in a big crash would see me off work for a bit which would suck.

My boss today suggested not riding might lead to a longer life. I asked if he thought a car was the way to go and he said yes.

I told him if I was in a car it would have been a head on and I would most likely be dead.

Food for thought.

Cheers
Mike

Where did you get the jacket Mike ?

There's a guy on Morphett Street in the city. Doesn't do the latest fashions but is reasonably priced and has loads of stuff.:thumbup:

Adelaide motorcycle accessories, I think it's called.:D

Cheers
Mike

There's a guy on Morphett Street in the city. Doesn't do the latest fashions but is reasonably priced and has loads of stuff.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Check these guys out , they will ship Oz wide and they are cheap :thumbup:
AMA Warehouse - Motorcycle & Motocross Accessories - Gold Coast, Queensland

Bought my new Shift Streetfighter gloves and AGV helmet there , and will be down there in a few weeks for a new jacket.....

Cheers
Mike

Thanks mate ,yeah bought off him before got a great deal on a Shoei a few years back .

Back