risers

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking to raise the bars up (not up and back) who makes a good riser at a decent price that requires no further mods?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This company: Handlebar Risers Handlebar Accessories Custom Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebar Accessories Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki - GenMar Mfg makes nice risers. (You'd be looking at the second one from the bottom, on the left side of the page).

I tried this exact set but they weren't quite enough for me. I ended up with the rise and set backs. With the 1" up, there are no mods, all the cables, lines etc wiil reach. With the set back risers, some tweaking to the brake line mounts are needed.

You can probably find cheaper on-line, this company has been around for quite awhile, no issues.

The below pic are my Genmar risers/setbacks on my FZ (the center piece does not come with the risers, it was my GPS mount I made and installed) :

Last edited:

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
This company: Handlebar Risers Handlebar Accessories Custom Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebars Motorcycle Handlebar Accessories Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki - GenMar Mfg makes nice risers. (You'd be looking at the second one from the bottom, on the left side of the page).

I tried this exact set but they weren't quite enough for me. I ended up with the rise and set backs. With the 1" up, there are no mods, all the cables, lines etc wiil reach. With the set back risers, some tweaking to the brake line mounts are needed.

You can probably find cheaper on-line, this company has been around for quite awhile, no issues.

The below pic are my Genmar risers/setbacks on my FZ (the center piece does not come with the risers, it was my GPS mount I made and installed) :

do any of the risers allow you to put the oem top piece with the tuning fork symbol back on?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
do any of the risers allow you to put the oem top piece with the tuning fork symbol back on?

You can use the original Yamaha top clamp but you going to have to find longer bolts. The bolts supplied with the risers are recessed allan head bolts which will be too short with the Yamaha top bar clamp...

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
ordered the bikemaster risers... yeah i know quality probably wont be quite trhe same, but it comes with a bunch of bolts and different spacers to custom fit the bars to your liking. i will post a review this week

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
got the risers today and installed them. for how cheap they were im impressed, came with 4 longer bolts and a pack with i believe 8 shorter ones incase you didnt use all the spacers, but i did. i had the tank covered, but couldnt install them by bringing them off the tank, so i had somebody hold the bars by standing infront of the bike and the bars went right on. i scoth-brighted the blts and they look a lot better. the bike feels more comfortable now

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I use to have the SW Motech 1 up and 1 back but took them off because of the interference with the gas tank when lifting to do service work. You could do it but was a pain. I run the FZ1 bars and comfortable with that.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick tip.

When I did mine (and some of my other customers bikes) I cover the tank of course with a blanket/towel, etc.

I have a lifting hook in the garage ceiling (bolted thru a 3/4" threaded rod, bolted thru into the attic thru a 4 x 4 across the roof rafters). This hook was made HD for pulling V8 engines and transmissions.

I put two adjustable motorcycle tie downs thru the hook, soft ties around the bar of the bike. Put the bike directly under the hook and gently/easily, (one person job) tighten the tie downs slowly, lifting the handle bar asssembly. No chance of an oops...

Kinda late now but Rustoleum makes a silver metallic paint that is very close to the upper triple clamp. Part # 7271 silver metallic that would make those risers blend in nicely...

The pic's below shows both my risers (were bare aluminum) and the GPS mount(was chrome) painted with the Rustoleum

Last edited:

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick tip.

When I did mine (and some of my other customers bikes) I cover the tank of course with a blanket/towel, etc.

I have a lifting hook in the garage ceiling (bolted thru a 3/4" threaded rod, bolted thru into the attic thru a 4 x 4 across the roof rafters). This hook was made HD for pulling V8 engines and transmissions.

I put two adjustable motorcycle tie downs thru the hook, soft ties around the bar of the bike. Put the bike directly under the hook and gently/easily, (one person job) tighten the tie downs slowly, lifting the handle bar asssembly. No chance of an oops...

Kinda late now but Rustoleum makes a silver metallic paint that is very close to the upper triple clamp. Part # 7271 silver metallic that would make those risers blend in nicely...

The pic's below shows both my risers (were bare aluminum) and the GPS mount(was chrome) painted with the Rustoleum

bringing them from the tank would not work for my risers, maybe the ones you installed being 1 back worked. it took literally 2 mins to put the bars back on. i purposely ordered the black, right now i dont mind it, looks kinda custom

Pope Mobile

Von Skump
Reaction score
Visit site
got the risers today and installed them. for how cheap they were im impressed, came with 4 longer bolts and a pack with i believe 8 shorter ones incase you didnt use all the spacers, but i did. i had the tank covered, but couldnt install them by bringing them off the tank, so i had somebody hold the bars by standing infront of the bike and the bars went right on. i scoth-brighted the blts and they look a lot better. the bike feels more comfortable now

I have the same risers and like them plenty. Had them installed for six months with no issues.