Nov 10th Sunday Bear Mtn ride

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all -
I know there was a thread earlier but it seems to have lost steam and our leader :confused:

I will ride there with SD Willie on Sunday.
Weather is said to be in mid 50's and partly cloudy but no rain expected.

I am meeting at 9:30 in Hicksville Long Island for breakfast then heading up the Westchester side of the river to Bear Mtn Bridge.

We could meet up with anyone who want to meet at Bear Mountain
Meet at Perkins Tower
ETA would be between 11 and 11:30

Also we could have a meetup point in Queens at FT. Totten for anyone who wants to join

If you were part of the prior thread please check in here if you are interested.

Possible meetup points:
9:30am Bagel Dr. 289 N Broadway, Jericho, NY 11753
10:15am Fort Totten park queens NY (Parking lot for public park)
(This is off the Cross Island Parkway North exit for Bell Blvd)
https://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&daddr=40.79238807130,+-73.77698992260+(Center+of+Fort+Totten+Park)
11:00-11:30 Bear Mtn Perkins memorial tower

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would love to see you guys, but unfortunately I'm still out :(
Have a great time and take some pics! Should still have colors up there.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ultimately I was able to go today.

I dragged out my brother and my father. Of course as with all things family related coordination was an issue and we probably arrived in Bear Mountain at 1:30 pm?

I was still hoping to spot you guys somewhere in the area but alas I didn't

Weather was ****e.

I did manage to meet Dave, Peter and Christie (I think?). We talked briefly and soon I was off to Carmel while they decided to stay a bit longer at the top of the mountain.

I think it finally stopped raining while we were getting lunch in Carmel at about 2:45pm.

Anyway, sorry for missing meeting up with others.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all -
It started out with pretty decent weather here in Long Island where I live. Bright sun, a little cold, some but said to be 57 at least here. I never bothered to check Bear Mtn weather.. oh boy. It was uber windy, very cold and rained for at least an hour while we were in the area.

After getting a later start than I wanted to me and SD Willie got to the tower around 12:05p. We met up with Jeff (2005 Fz6) and Ed (forever immortalized by owning Erci's old bike!!). Jeff toured us around the 7 lakes area and through Hariman park. Never before have I done so many twisties in the rain. The PR2's grip just fine but mentally just didn't want to push it too far.

SD and I head back early around 2pm and stopped for lunch at a favorite diner stop along rt 9. By the time we left there the sun was out but still very chilly.
Got home and curled on the couch for awhile in front of the fireplace :rockon:. I am just now shedding the chills I had.
I always say around this time of year this is the last ride. Then next week if it is 50 and sunny I will want to ride again.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
here's a pic of the group, standing in the drizzle before disbanding.
IMAG0552_zps85a1b543.jpg~original

and some pics i took while waiting.
IMAG0550_zps60090618.jpg~original

IMAG0549_zpsef983c7a.jpg~original

IMAG0548_zpsdfac5c74.jpg~original