Review your helmet.

wayne 3

Reaction score
Visit site
So it's a snowboarding helmet? Is it DOT approved or ECE approved? just curious unless I misunderstood what you're wearing...
not snowboarding, snowmobiling/ snowmachine (depending on where you come from)
Bombardier Modular Helmet
they have newer models availible in all sizes and colors. it is dot approved as well 300-400 $ us

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have this one,Rjays Blaze , only had it a month but all good so far.Snell and Dot approved , removable liner ,anti fog ,good venting a little noisy compared to my Shoei .

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a HJC AC12 Carbon. Very light, No graphix, nice venting that works properly, little bit noisy, nice fit, great build quality, removal lining, and visor removal is tool less, quick & easy to do....i like it very much.

Oh and it comes with it's own padded, carry bag!

View attachment 7811

View attachment 7812

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for the HJC CL-SP helmet. $229 MSRP

fz6er_fsr-albums-pictures-posts-picture1271-hjc.jpg

This is my first motorcycle helmet. I had it throughout my motorcycle classes and tests.

Pros: It’s stylish, comfortable to wear and it’s at an affordable price. Everything on it is still functioning properly. And for the clean freak like me, you can remove the inner pads and handwash them.

Cons: After reading MarinaFazer’s comparison, yes, I do get a bit of strain trying to turning my head to check my blind spot at 120 km/h. At 80 km/h, I can still turn my head with the visor up. I can’t imagine at 180 km/h.

Overall, the helmet seems suitable for the commuter in you, not meant for the track at high speeds. Perfect balance of value vs performance for my usage.

Last edited:
A

Aggietaco

One big plus for my Shoei RF-1000 that I haven't been able to ride with yet, is that my Ray Bans still fit perfectly on my face, as if the helmet wasn't even there. I would assume that there is also plenty of room for ear buds and hearing protection.

A

Aggietaco

I made a little 50 mile run this morning as soon as the sun came up around Lake Travis and man, this helmet is AWESOME! The most noticable difference between this and my past 2 HJC's is the noise level. When I got out on the highway for the last leg home it was uber quiet. Venting was fantastic, as I had to close the forehead vents and the aerodynamics were great. No bouncing around even at 75 mph with a crosswind (the only sign we've had all weekend of hurrican Ike).

2 Thumbs up on this lid for sure.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the HJC CL-15 helmet in black.

Pros:
- Very affordable
- OK venting (doesn't really blow into the helmet, it draws hot air out)
- shield removal is simple
- liner removal is simple
- comfortable for my oval head

Cons
- Heavy
- The slightest head turn against the wind blows my head back
- Noisey (its ok when I wear ear plugs)
- One of the liners does not stay snapped in

Conclusion: Great helmet for new riders and commuters. Not recommended for track days and long trips.

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine is Arai RX-7 Corsair Dani

pedrosa.JPG

Great ventilation, no fog at all as it has free Pinlock anti-fog sticker. Removable interior, very comfortable. Bit noisy but its a racing helmet so this thing is obvious. Highly recommended

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding with a Shoei RF-900 for the past couple of years. Decent helmet all the way around. I wear a size large and it's very comfortable with pretty good venting. With all Shoeis it is extremely easy to change the visors out. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it seemed too big for my body (I'm 5'11, approx. 165lbs). Just has a thick shell I guess.

I just recently got a Shoei X-Eleven and really like it. It doesn't drag nearly as much as my RF-900. Feels quite a bit lighter, has superior venting and a much better and more proportioned shell. However, I don't find it to be as comfortable as my RF-900. The same size (large) feels a little loose, and while wearing if I put my chin down and try and lift the helmet off my head by pushing up on the back of it I can almost get it to budge. But I've tried on the X-Eleven's in size Medium and they are way too tight. I think if I get some bigger cheek pads this will help fix the issue.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what i wear View attachment 8739 AGV stealth , ive only had if for about a month and couldnt be happier . Very light , IMO the best ventilation on the market , anti fog visor and absolutly no wind buffeting only down side is that due to the fact they are a race helmet they are a lil noisy.....but i can live with that :rockon:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what i wear View attachment 8739 AGV stealth , ive only had if for about a month and couldnt be happier . Very light , IMO the best ventilation on the market , anti fog visor and absolutly no wind buffeting only down side is that due to the fact they are a race helmet they are a lil noisy.....but i can live with that :rockon:

Same helmet & same opinion here. Love it all but the excessive noise. Ventilation is perfect. I have been using the helmet for one and a half years.

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a HJC Symax modular and it's done pretty well. I would like to find a helmut that's a little lighter. I notice that when I'm bent over somewhat (tucking in) I get some wind noise, but when I sit more upright, it's less. Overall it's been very good. I'm looking to replace as I went down about a month ago when a deer hit me and I smacked the helmut pretty good. :eek: May go back to same style, but anyone have any other for a good modular flip up. suggestions....? I do like the new HJC which has the internal tinted visor as well as the clear outer one.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Gmax 38X its 3 years old now. I am going to have to replace it next season as it has little pieces (cosmetic) falling off. It fogs up like mad on cold mornings. That is the only problem I have with it. I never get sore/pressure points on my head and it is fairly light. And I LOVE the graphics on it.
I will be buying this brand again next year.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my Shoei which I have had for about four and a half years. My wife has the same one, but with a blue visor.

19102008001.jpg

I'm very happy with it, when I was looking for a helmet I tried Shark and Arai but they weren't as comfortable as this one. Even after all this time it still fits tightly. I would prefer D rings to the quick-release clasp.

Gripes: it's a bit noisy, and fogs up badly when it's cold but in rain it is pretty leakproof and overall it's a good helmet.

I'd like to get an AGV Rossi Zoo or a Simpson Bandit next, but of course it depends on what it feels like.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Shoei X-11. I've found it excessively noisy at highway speeds, to the extent that I need to replace it and possibly has damaged my ears, even wearing earplugs. I went to Cycle Gear to have them look at if it was damaged, and they said that it was in good condition, and they said that it is the loudest helmet on the the market. All the venting it has makes it loud. Other than the noise, it is a very good helmet. Fits secure, never fogs, quality/fit/finish is very good. I think it was about $450 1.5 years ago.

They recommended the Shoei RF1000, the model one level below that has less venting and is much quieter. Others with that post seem to have had a good experience with it.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the HJC Cl-15. HJC's have always seemed to fit my head better than most I have tried. Other than Arai...

The wind noise isnt bad, I think it could be better. The main reason for use of this helment, is because it has fabric over the ear to form a pocket for the headset speakers.

-bryan

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 3 helmets at the moment: 2 HJC CL-15's (solid blue and Orbit graphic) and a Scorpion EXO-400 in matte black. My dream helmet, if I could afford it, would be the Shoei X-11 Lawson, although after reading cv_rider's review of how loud it is, even with earplugs, I might have to rethink that idea.

The 2 CL-15's are great helmets, although they do seem to have a problem with too much loosening after wearing them for a short period of time. What I mean by this is that they'll fit snugly when you first get them, just as a helmet should, but I've found that after wearing them for 3 to 4 weeks of riding, the padding seems to REALLY compress and they tend to become, for me anyway, too loose. I've tried moving to the next smaller size, but it's just way to uncomfortable in the beginning, even knowing that the padding will loosen up. I may try changing the pads out to the next smaller size and see if that makes a difference, but I don't think it will. Here's a shot of my Orbit graphic:

IMG_2610.jpg

Next up is what I feel is the best bang-for-the-buck helmet on the market today. It's a Scorpion EXO-400 in matte black and I absolutely LOVE this helmet. It's extremely comfortable right out of the box, but fits just the way a helmet should. It also comes with the breath deflector standard and a TRUE fog free shield (although mine has the dark smoke installed), and both of these items really work as advertised. It's by far the quietest helmet I've ever worn, although I haven't had it during really hot weather, so I'm not sure how great the venting is. BTW, I wear earplugs religiously, so I think the noise factor of helmets is an overrated topic, although cv's review of the X-11 being loud even with earplugs has me concerned.

One of the biggest factors for me in choosing a helmet is the shield change mechanism. I thought there wasn't one better than the HJC design, that is, until I got my Scorpion. It takes just a little practice, but once you realize you're not going to break anything, it's simple. My only gripe about the Scorpion is that I wish there were a detent position that allowed you to just crack the visor open...there isn't. The first position is a full inch to two inches open and that's far enough to allow bugs or rocks to get through. It's the only thing my HJC has over the Scorpion.

Here's a shot of my EXO-400:

IMG_2904.jpg

Again, my dream helmet is the Shoei X-11 Lawson. I don't know why, but this graphic just speaks to me...

ShoeiX-11Lawson.jpg

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this is mine Marushin X-MOTO..perfect for when i owned my supermoto.but not so much on the FZ ..i decided to box it up and sell it,but when i looked inside there were blanks for the peak..now its the perfect stealth street helmet.
performance wise its no good at 150mph (noisey) but perfect for day to day riding

Marushin_XMOTO.jpg

Last edited:

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Having a collection of helmets that includes Caberg, Shoei and Schubert helmets, I have no hesitation in naming my favourite helmet: Schubert R1.

The R1 is:
- a 110% perfect fit for my head
- Weightless as soon as you go faster than 40km/h (Like 25 US miles I think)
- Comfortably Silent without blocking out the important sounds
- Well ventilated
- Looks dam cool :rockon:
- Accommodates my intercom
- Has the build in sun glass visor (Double visor)
- Have newer "fogged" up on me

My S1 is a bit more quiet, - but only with the "wrong sounds", - the ones I want to hear .. (Police car sirens etc.) It does however seem to be a bit warmer in the late autumn and early spring.
I tend to use it when riding with the wife on the back, the lower general noise level makes it easier to hear he BEFORE she goes into "panic mode" :)

All in all I love both the S1 and the R1 and can only say go for it if you are considering it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is my Shoei which I have had for about four and a half years. My wife has the same one, but with a blue visor.

19102008001.jpg

I'm very happy with it, when I was looking for a helmet I tried Shark and Arai but they weren't as comfortable as this one. Even after all this time it still fits tightly. I would prefer D rings to the quick-release clasp.

Gripes: it's a bit noisy, and fogs up badly when it's cold but in rain it is pretty leakproof and overall it's a good helmet.

I'd like to get an AGV Rossi Zoo or a Simpson Bandit next, but of course it depends on what it feels like.

I noticed your sticker on the helmet, indicating that in case the rider is injured, do not remove the helmet. Never seen it before here in the states. Good idea though.