FS: Shark RSR2 Indy Medium Helmet

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
New Price $150 not including shipping to US.

I am trying to sell my Shark RSR2 helmet. It is a medium in the Red/white/blue "Indy" color scheme. I would like to get a Shoei Qwest helmet because I tried one on recently and it fits the shape of my head better than the shark. I am selling the shark because it is a little narrow for my head shape, so it gets a little uncomfortable after an hour or so.

Condition:
I bought the helmet last Sept 2010, and I have ridden about 3K miles in it. I have all of the original accessories that came with it, as can be seen in the picture. I have added a peel off tint strip on the top of the visor to help with the sun, and it works, however, this can just be peeled off if you dont want it.
There are 2 small cosmetic issues with the helmet:
1: The clear visor is starting to lose its anti-scratch coating on the outside, which I have in one of the pictures, so you will want to buy a new shield at some point (~$60-$70). You can still see through it and it is not really distracting, but over the next few months, I am sure it will get worse.
2: There is a crack in the plastic on the top of the helmet, on the helmet vent assembly (helmet itself is not cracked, only the plastic piece. Helmet was not dropped, I just put my helmet on in a garage with a low concrete ceiling, and one day I hit it while going to put it on top of my head!. The vent still works, and can be opened and closed. There is a picture of this crack. I am pretty sure you might be able to get a replacement part if you get a hold of shark directly for the part.

Other than those 2 issues, the helmet is pretty much spotless. It is very very light and the inside is pretty plush, if it fits your headsize/shape. For reference the Shoei Qwest in the medium felt a little rounder in shape, and possibly a little bigger overall than the shark. I ordered based on the shark size guide, and it the helmet pretty much fits very snugly except for a couple hotspots up top because of the shape.

Please take a look at the pictures I have attached and let me know if there are any questions, or requests for more specific pictures. I will take Paypal, or cash if someone local wants it (I live in MD right around DC).

More pictures in next post.

More in depth detail on the helmet can be found here:
Shark RSR 2 Motorcycle Helmet Comparison - webBikeWorld

Last edited:

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to mention shipping will be included to the US only.

I will also add a few more pics tonight when I get home.

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
New Price $150, shipping not included. Nobody wants this??? Keeping it up here for a week then its probably going to Craiglist if nobody here wants it.