Registration

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Recently bought an fz6. It's still sitting at the dealership and since I bought it in winter I haven't taken it for a ride yet. What freaks me out is in looking at the bikes certificate of registration and under 'trans' it says 05. Now shouldn't it say 06? As the fz6 is a 6 speed. I attached a picture of the section where it says 05.
Dealer never said anything about it missing a gear when I bought it and it's in amazing looking shape.
Should I worry?

Last edited:
Bought my bike form a private seller in Georgia, the portion of the title for "No. of Cylinders" said "1". When I went to register it at a South Carolina DMV, I told the lady that I wasn't sure why it list as "one" cylinder, and that the bike was in fact a "4" cylinder. As I recall she didn't really seem to give any cares and proceeded to handle my title transfer normally. I'm fuzzy on the outcome, so when I get home I'll check to see of it was updated or if the SC title even mentions the number of cylinders.

Single Cylinder shouldn't even need insurance, haha :p. Anyways I heard back from the dealer. It's just some typos made by the DMV in my province. Will be fixed up before I pick the bike up!

Back