Registration

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Recently bought an fz6. It's still sitting at the dealership and since I bought it in winter I haven't taken it for a ride yet. What freaks me out is in looking at the bikes certificate of registration and under 'trans' it says 05. Now shouldn't it say 06? As the fz6 is a 6 speed. I attached a picture of the section where it says 05.
Dealer never said anything about it missing a gear when I bought it and it's in amazing looking shape.
Should I worry?

Last edited:

imatt

Not a Junior Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my bike form a private seller in Georgia, the portion of the title for "No. of Cylinders" said "1". When I went to register it at a South Carolina DMV, I told the lady that I wasn't sure why it list as "one" cylinder, and that the bike was in fact a "4" cylinder. As I recall she didn't really seem to give any cares and proceeded to handle my title transfer normally. I'm fuzzy on the outcome, so when I get home I'll check to see of it was updated or if the SC title even mentions the number of cylinders.

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
Single Cylinder shouldn't even need insurance, haha :p. Anyways I heard back from the dealer. It's just some typos made by the DMV in my province. Will be fixed up before I pick the bike up!