r6 lowers

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
i read the thread about tryin to fit the 08 r6 plastics to the fz and didnt really like the way they looked. i cant find lowers for the 07 that i like so i found a set of 05 r6 front fairing,sides,lower,and tail cheap. i think it will look the best. so when it gets here im guna start working on. i dont know if i want the front fairing on or not (gota keep a lil of the 'fz' in it). i think i can trim the sides to match up nicely to the stock fairing. but i guess well see once i get everything. i think its guna look awesome with the r1 tail.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the 05 fairings! They still will not be a direct fit, but they may take less modification being that the FZ6 has a lot of parts from that generation of R6. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody's disputing the fact that you can do whatever you want to your bike - paint it pink, dress it in flannel, etc.

However, my point is, if you want a bike with fairings, why don't you just buy a bike with fairings?

Craigslist has plenty of R6's for sale... The FZ with fairings just looks ffing weird, IMHO...

slandis

Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin' good Reaper, keep it up! Pushing the envelope, trying new things (even if they don't work out in the end) is what it's all about.

Nobody's disputing the fact that you can do whatever you want to your bike - paint it pink, dress it in flannel, etc.

However, my point is, if you want a bike with fairings, why don't you just buy a bike with fairings?

Craigslist has plenty of R6's for sale... The FZ with fairings just looks ffing weird, IMHO...

Of course, Yamaha MAKES fairings for the FZ6.. but if you really wanted them why wouldn't you have just gotten an R6 to begin with, right?

Sometimes I just like to do things myself. For the technical knowledge, to prove a point, or simply because that's all I have to work with. Where would ingenuity and innovation hide if we all just accepted that there already existed an easy option rather than chasing our ideas? There any many folks on here doing fine work at all levels, making the list of cool things we can do to our bikes longer by the day, and I appreciate every thread, and even if it isn't my cup of tea it usually spurs me onto another idea that keeps me excited about my project.

cowboytk

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the fairings..i bought my fz6 instead of a r6, gsxr 750 or r1 because of one simple thing...comfort..this is one of the most comfortable bikes i have ever ridden..i love it..and i do plan on putting fairings on it..and i would love to put the r6 fairings on it if someone could do a write up id be alot happier...btw reaper that bike looks superb..

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMFG ...... that fz6 on sportbikes.net looks so sexy. with the r6 headlights and fairings ........ wow. ........ thats sick

Bri

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the fairings..i bought my fz6 instead of a r6, gsxr 750 or r1 because of one simple thing...comfort..this is one of the most comfortable bikes i have ever ridden..i love it..and i do plan on putting fairings on it..and i would love to put the r6 fairings on it if someone could do a write up id be alot happier...btw reaper that bike looks superb..

ditto ditto ditto... I wish the yamaha fairings weren't so expensive or I would already have them. Personally I don't like the looks of the little fairing at the bottom, I like the whole thing faired.

I keep thinking that the un-faired look will grow on me but it still hasn't...

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 41291
this is bolted to the belly pan mount i had but it would be easy to make a mount.
View attachment 41292
this is the clamp i used around the frame at the back of the fairing (by your knee) theres a hole there for a bolt so just find a clamp that fits around the frame tight so it wont move.
View attachment 41293
the two bolts hold the mid piece, hold it in place and drill two holes through the upper, but the lower piece has to be on first so you know how high it has to be. the other circle is where you will have to trim off the mid piece cuz the r6 wraps all the way around, how you trim it depends how you want it to look, i did mine that way cuz it flows with the line from the upper and im guna make scoops behind it.

Dartanubis

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright man thanks for this gives me an insight on how to do this now only thing that sucks is buying a bellypan just for the brackets lol since none are sold by themselves

ReapeR

Reaction score
Visit site
a bracket would be easy to make with a piece of small round bar and two washers (per side) it just bolts to the oil pan, so if you have a welder or know someone that does thats the easiest and cheapest way.