Question about speedo km/h-mph

hoop71

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello too everyone

First post and I have a question.

I am considering purchasing an FZ6 but have a question about the speedometer. Can all of the speedometers 2004-2009 be switched back and forth between km/h and mph?

I am thinking about purchasing one in the US because it is much cheaper but would like the versatility of switching to km/h

All those in the US can you let me know if this is possible. As well is it a feature on all years of production?

I thought I had read this feature was only available in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dan

I have a 2006 which has the same gauge cluster. I found out last week you can switch to KM from MPH. I was fiddling with it at a red light and when I took off it was showing speed in KM.

my canadian 06 can do it you have to hold one of those buttons down for a few seconds

I have two U.S. 04-06 speedos & both change from mph to kph by holding down the select button for 4 seconds. when you unplug them from the bike or disconnect the battery they reset to the default mph setting.you can also change the readout to a digital tachometer,checkout if all your sensors are working correctly, tune your fuel injection enrichment settings in the ecu all from the speedo.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

I figured most models would be capable of switching but I just wanted to confirm.

Cheers,
Dan

my canadian 06 can do it you have to hold one of those buttons down for a few seconds

Are you sure about that...? Which button are you holding down?
I've held each button for a few seconds (and longer) and nothing happens.
Are you certain your FZ6 is a Canadian model?

Back