Question about speedo km/h-mph

hoop71

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello too everyone

First post and I have a question.

I am considering purchasing an FZ6 but have a question about the speedometer. Can all of the speedometers 2004-2009 be switched back and forth between km/h and mph?

I am thinking about purchasing one in the US because it is much cheaper but would like the versatility of switching to km/h

All those in the US can you let me know if this is possible. As well is it a feature on all years of production?

I thought I had read this feature was only available in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dan

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2006 which has the same gauge cluster. I found out last week you can switch to KM from MPH. I was fiddling with it at a red light and when I took off it was showing speed in KM.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
my canadian 06 can do it you have to hold one of those buttons down for a few seconds

herbis

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
I have two U.S. 04-06 speedos & both change from mph to kph by holding down the select button for 4 seconds. when you unplug them from the bike or disconnect the battery they reset to the default mph setting.you can also change the readout to a digital tachometer,checkout if all your sensors are working correctly, tune your fuel injection enrichment settings in the ecu all from the speedo.

hoop71

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the quick replies.

I figured most models would be capable of switching but I just wanted to confirm.

Cheers,
Dan

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
my canadian 06 can do it you have to hold one of those buttons down for a few seconds

Are you sure about that...? Which button are you holding down?
I've held each button for a few seconds (and longer) and nothing happens.
Are you certain your FZ6 is a Canadian model?