Puig Screen mod - "The Steve mod"

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

In denmark we have kind of a proverb

"If You don't wan't to learn, You will have to feel"

And I did not listen to all the guys saying not to go taller on the screen, but - as Steveindenmark suggested, cut the screen down.:spank:

So I invested in the Puig Touring screen - but still the buffering was there.

This is what I did, cut the screen with a drimmel, grind it, put on new rim, and be happy. The first picture is me and the Fazer - and to be honest she looks like a greenhouse with this big touring screen.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
I like her much more now - wind hits my chest - and the buffering is gone - so is the Touring screen......

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Right. I'm going to do this with my stock screen and see how it does. If I don't like it, I can pick another one up on fleaBay for cheap.

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah, I wouldn't go any shorter than that.. It would mess up the proportions of the bike. Get some shorter mirrors though. Would really clean up the front!:thumbup:

-Chris
I've looked for some decent mirrors for the FZ6 (faired) - however I can't see to find any. Also - how to mount them?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked for some decent mirrors for the FZ6 (faired) - however I can't see to find any. Also - how to mount them?

Sorry, but I don't know any specific mirrors that will fit. But I bet there are several options out there hiding somewhere.. ;)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really good! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now if you attach the piece you cut off to the top of your helmet, your pillion will have a windscreen too! :p

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I like her much more now - wind hits my chest - and the buffering is gone - so is the Touring screen......

look how much better it is with no mirrors (or shorter mirrors)

8296d1222372267-puig-screen-mod-ste.jpg

towa

Papa Smurf
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, however local laws forces us to have mirrors. I Thought about using bar end mirrors, but ho wto remove the original mirror mount. So Im looking for something to put on the original mount - that looks a little more nice.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Towa thats a job well done...one you didn`t have to do the first time if you had listen to your Uncle Steve...bloody Danes you never listen, just like my woman.

Don`t put bar end mirrors on it because it really does not suit the FZ6 that well.

I don`t know if the R1 mirrors will fit. It really needs to have that 2 prong set up on the end of the FZ6 mirrors.

I am sure that between all of us we can find some that will just fasten on.

Steve