Pranks on friend / bike thread!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd post something I thought would be fun to share and others to contribute, pranking your buddy and his bike!

Years ago, my friend bought a brand new Suzuki air cooled 1200 Bandit. The weather was crappy that day(rainy) and I gave him a ride to the shop so he could ride it home..

Picked it up and got it to his home without issue. I stayed over for dinner. Due to the weather, he didn't go riding anymore that night but, maybe every half hour, go into the garage and look at his brand new toy!!..

At one point, he was busy doing something, I wandered out to the garage and found some 10w30 engine oil on the shelf... Yep, poured a small puddle right UNDER the engine. Quickly snuck back in the house.

Next trip he makes out to the garage to check on the bike, I hear "TOWNSEND!!!!". (He never, unless upset, calls me by my last name). Of course I go out there, he's speechless, got the look of WTF, not 25 miles on the clock and its leaking oil...

So I walk over to the bike, put my two fingers in the liquid, rub my fingers together and say, thats oil! Rub a little more, feels like 10w30! Still not saying anything, I now go over to the shelf, pull the 10w30 oil container and "feel" the oil. tell him: Yep, its 10w30!

Damn my shoulder hurt after that.... :):thumbup:

I was going to put some anti freeze under the AIR COOLED bike and let him bring it to the shop, bitching about a coolant leak, but I had him on the edge with the oil.... He couldn't take anymore...

Some might say, a classic!

Next!

Ramarius

Two wheel addict
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this isn't on a motorcycle, but I hope its close enough to stick with the spirit of your joke. One of my friends I ride snowmobiles with loves to ride up beside people and hit their kill switch, leaving them stranded and speeding off. We always leave our keys in the on position and just use the kill switch to shut off the engine.

So after watching him do this to three people or so that day we made a stop and he was off talking to somebody. I decided to simply shut his key off. He pulled and pulled on the starter rope before he saw me laughing at a distance and realized he'd been had.

I also ended up with a sore shoulder.:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When the same friend and another were on cop bikes with me many years ago, slapping the killing switch off while running down the road was a usual occurance..

After a day of that, he was dumb enough to leave his half, police helmet, hanging off his handlebars, upside down. The bike happened to be near the fuel pumps and WATER HOSE on the back lot at the station. NOT a good idea!

Needless to say, after pouring all the water out of his helmet (that got in their somehow?) he had very damp hair.

He later told me, he stopped a car, was issuing a ticket and his helmet was literally dripping water on the ticket while issuing it!!

The good old days!!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not Motorcycle...
Going back a few years the volleys were many between my father and I. It started off with "how many ways can I shock you" with an ignition coil to more profound games of WIN and LOSE!
Although I do recall a fine wire to a spud wrench with a magneto connected to it whereby the master of shock therapy was schooled. HAHA! +1 for Final Impact!

Move along to door to door racing although I think I may have lost that one! Back in the day of 600 & 780 CFM Holley carbs atop thirsty V8s, I wired his vacuum secondaries shut and challenged him later that week. In short, I know him better as he never worked on the car or said anything about it after driving it for a week and realizing something was WRONG!
As the story goes, he wasn't racing he just wasn't into it when I passed him that day (he was very predictable about arrival time home) so i trailed him! It was funny as sh$t going past him that day with the look on his face of "where is my power" haha...
Payback was months later when he upgraded his ignition. He asked me to set the air cleaner lid on the carb, it had an MSD 6 ignition box connected to it and him in the cab operating a push button! I remember his words clearly, "hey rand, drop the lid on there and lets check the hood clearance". Fatal mistake on my part. God that hurt! He put a carb spacer on (seemed like a logical thing to do, check for clearance), sure enough - payback came! i was played by high voltage once again! hint, in the duration of 1/2 second - an MSD box can nail you with 20,000 volts about 18 times!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not Motorcycle...
Going back a few years the volleys were many between my father and I. It started off with "how many ways can I shock you" with an ignition coil to more profound games of WIN and LOSE!
Although I do recall a fine wire to a spud wrench with a magneto connected to it whereby the master of shock therapy was schooled. HAHA! +1 for Final Impact!

Move along to door to door racing although I think I may have lost that one! Back in the day of 600 & 780 CFM Holley carbs atop thirsty V8s, I wired his vacuum secondaries shut and challenged him later that week. In short, I know him better as he never worked on the car or said anything about it after driving it for a week and realizing something was WRONG!
As the story goes, he wasn't racing he just wasn't into it when I passed him that day (he was very predictable about arrival time home) so i trailed him! It was funny as sh$t going past him that day with the look on his face of "where is my power" haha...
Payback was months later when he upgraded his ignition. He asked me to set the air cleaner lid on the carb, it had an MSD 6 ignition box connected to it and him in the cab operating a push button! I remember his words clearly, "hey rand, drop the lid on there and lets check the hood clearance". Fatal mistake on my part. God that hurt! He put a carb spacer on (seemed like a logical thing to do, check for clearance), sure enough - payback came! i was played by high voltage once again! hint, in the duration of 1/2 second - an MSD box can nail you with 20,000 volts about 18 times!

I Remember the MSD systems! I had one of the first systems early on.
I used to charge point capacitors and toss em to coworkers yelling," Is this your socket?" Lol! Good thing I was fast on my feet...:)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not Motorcycle...

That's great tieing off the secondaries!!! LOL and loving the shock!!!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Way back in 1980 (not MC related) I worked at U-Haul as a welder /trailer rebuilder.

Some of my co-workers got me good one day. We had some commercial grade, paint remover that we used.

I stepped out shortly for something, came back to work on my trailer, sat on my roller work seat, $hit!, my a$$ is on fire!! :(

They covered the seat with that paint remover! Once it soaked thru my pants and reached my rear, HS! My butt was on fire!!!!! :spank:

Never ran so fast to the bathroom to get to some water for a "wash down".

Of course everyone denied it but I was pretty sure which two did it....

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Always a fan of the kill switch at the light trick on my roommate.

When I see a friend's bike parked on the street outside of a restaurant, I'll go inside and ask them if that's their black yamaha gixxer on it's side out there, making sure he see me when I'm asking the question.

I also have a gallery of pictures of Aprilia RSV-Rs and Triumph Sprints in various states of wrecked so that when I borrow one of his bikes to run an errand I can give him a little spook by text. "hey man, someone cut me off, I'm alright but we're gonna need to do some work this weekend" - definitely not helping my karma :(

03.jpg

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
My father in law and his best friend used to hook the plug wire on a little mini bike up to those old aluminum framed lawn chairs. When someone would sit down in it after going for a swing, they'd kick the bike over and send people sky high with the shock.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
My father in law and his best friend used to hook the plug wire on a little mini bike up to those old aluminum framed lawn chairs. When someone would sit down in it after going for a swing, they'd kick the bike over and send people sky high with the shock.

I'm not so sure that your chairs were made of aluminum. :rolleyes:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad got me realllllyyy good a few months ago... he sent me a pic of "my" car and 5 seconds later he calls me. "sorry bud, it was wet and she just got away from me" his voice was kinda choked up and I was about to cry, we talked for a few min then hung up. I got to looking at the pic, the wheels are the same, the color, the hood, the front tires even looked the same but then I caught the badge on the door, it didn't say GT. I called him right back and he was laughing hysterically... It wasnt as funny at the time lol

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
I remember back in 72 a mate was complaining his Suzuki Hustler wasn't running right.

So a couple of us checked it out and told him to take it back to the shop and complain that his tappets had gone!

So the next day about 4 or 5 of us went there with him to witness the complaining! The look on the guy's face in the shop was priceless when he burst in there and started bellowing in front of a full shop that his tappets had gone! We were rolling round on the floor by this time!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember back in 72 a mate was complaining his Suzuki Hustler wasn't running right.

So a couple of us checked it out and told him to take it back to the shop and complain that his tappets had gone!

So the next day about 4 or 5 of us went there with him to witness the complaining! The look on the guy's face in the shop was priceless when he burst in there and started bellowing in front of a full shop that his tappets had gone! We were rolling round on the floor by this time!

Literally LOL!!!! :thumbup: