PowerMadd Star Series Handguards

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got the hand guards finally. If you will recall our Aussie friend installed these on his naked FZ6 and loved them. I wasn't sure if my version of the FZ6 with fairing would have a clearance problem when turning. After installation there is reduced turning however it isn't much and I am sure it won't ever create a problem while riding.

Anyway I uploaded various pics including ones that show the new "bar stops" or point at which the hand guards hit the fairing.

They are in an album called PowerMadd Handguards located here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=181

If you have any specific questions let me know. For those who install their own I went with "Option 4" installation configuration on my bike. This will make sense once you read the install instructions.

Greg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While they're not the best mod for looks, I'm willing to bet they are for function! I think these would grealt enhance my riding season since my hands are THE biggest issue with cold. All my other gear works great but I've yet to keep my hand warm! Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one GMickey. My mate down here in Oz put the same thing on his nekid a few weeks ago,
http://www.600riders.com/forum/members/wolfman-albums-wind-deflectors-winter-must.html
and I was wondering what the clearance would be like on our faired version.

Will have to look into getting a set now that it's been done with no major steering hassles.

Cheers.
:thumbup:

Lol!...have i started a trend? Glad to see they work on the faired FZ6 too. Gotta say, it's an easy, and cheap Mod, and when the weather warms up, it will take 5 minutes to take them off. I am waiting for the Handguard extensions, which just clip in, and give an extra inch or so of protection.

I have got my money's worth about 50 times already....warm hands every time i ride, but i do have heated grips too.

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! :thumbup: I don't mind the look of them at all, quite honestly, although I would probably opt for the all black version, personally.
Thanks for being the forum's "guinea pig" for the installation gmickey2001! :)

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I wanted the all black as well. Although the manufacturer's website shows them, the retailer did not have them available. I was worried one of the two red and black versions might not match the red on my FZ so I just played it safe with something more neutral. My Tourmaster jacket is black and grey so there is a match there.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and when the weather warms up, it will take 5 minutes to take them off.

The panels on the front of mine come out, leaving a mesh-like plastic shield that allows the air through. I will probably just leave mine on all year. I mean it's 100 F + out most days right now. I am just ready for the 20 F now when it comes later in the year. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The panels on the front of mine come out, leaving a mesh-like plastic shield that allows the air through. I will probably just leave mine on all year. I mean it's 100 F + out most days right now. I am just ready for the 20 F now when it comes later in the year. :D

The Mesh thing is cool.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One thing I just discovered after parking at work this morning.

No longer possible to lock the steering column :eek:

Oh well, you've been warned. If this matters to you, don't do the mod :rolleyes:

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
First post, long-time lurker. Bought the blue PowerMadd Star guards, almost sold them on EBay after I couldn't get full-lock on a recently acquired fared 2007 FZ-6S.

Bought the cheapo' machined aluminum 1" X 1.25" risers, used, off EBay.

Re-fitted everything, and got a perfect lock-to-lock with good hand coverage, symmetry, and bar positioning.

Tossed an MRA Vario windscreen on while I was at it.

Poopy weather right now, but ride reports and pics to follow soon...

But, for now, I am stoked. :BLAA: