Powermadd Star handguards hit the fairing, limit turning radius :(

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got in the mail the Powermadd handguards, installed them, but they hit the front fairing where the mirrors are. Unfortunately it's snowing outside right now, so I won't get the bike out and test-ride it, so I'm wondering if anyone installed these on a 2005 FZ6 with fairings. If you did, what is your impression, are they making the bike unsafe? I understand I can't lock it like that, also maneuvering when getting out of the garage would be challenging now, but is it going to make me go down while riding?

Corsara

Reaction score
Visit site
If its hitting the fairing then that sounds like a great excuse to go naked lol

I'm putting handguards to stop the wind to my hands. That's because the fairings already do that job for the torso :) with that said, it would be silly to unprotect my torso in order to protect my hands, lol

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
They way my setup is the wind only hits the top half of my helmet when I'm sitting straight up

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
How much of your steering travel is being used before you hit the fairing? Is it at the end? There are somethings that aren't worth worrying about sometimes. If it's at the very end of the steering travel I wouldn't worry about it as you don't use that very often and it's at parking lot speeds anyway.

Edit- Most of these bikes were never designed with handguards in mind so you are usually going to run into interference problems. I've had them on a 1200 Bandit, SV650, and an FJR. I usually had clearance issues at full lock but learned to live with it for the added benefit of having my hands protected from the wind.

Last edited: