Handguards $19.99

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Kinda did an impulse buy at Cycle Gear yesterday, but I think it's going to work out. I have been setting my bike up for touring and try to ride as often as possible year round.

I have heated grips, but when it's really cold my fingertips still get pretty cold. Not unbearable, but also not comfortable. I've seen where others have installed various types of handguards with good results, but they all seemed to need some type of modification.

Anyway, I bought a set of these: (TRACKSIDE - Brush Guards with Aluminum Mount - Hand Guards - Other Parts - Parts - Cycle Gear)

When I attempted to install them, the brackets routed under the bars would not work so I flipped the brackets over and installed them over the bars. Works fine. Went for a test ride this afternoon and they really block the wind on my hands.

I did have to loosen and move my brake lever assembly in a bit and also had to loosen and rotate my clutch lever assembly slightly, but other than that they were bolt on.

Here's a couple pics..... I'm more focused on function than looks and these should give me toasty hands when it's in the low 30's. Tried Hippo Hands and hated them...

Oh, and these hand guards are on sale (50% off) so you can get them for $19.99 right now.

Chris

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! (or should I say warm?)

Nice write up. I'm thinking of doing the same, and depending on how it looks may just remove them during the warmer months, reinstall in the fall.
Since these are designed as "brush guards" and not "wind guards", I see the slits in them and wonder how much air they allow to pass. Nothing a nice strip of black duct tape couldn't cure, of course.

Last edited: