Post your BOTM pic here for October!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried twice and need to go back to the drawing board. I need to get creative like Nate and yourself and find that \"awesome artistic shot!\"

But, I am without FZ6 starting Sat. until Sept 22nd. VACATION!!!! :steve:

Nice!!! coming down to Cali for a beer or two? :D

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to be considered.

bikewestendcoco.jpg

edited for stronger picture.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

boo68 & sideshow_downs: thanks fellas :D

Thanks for keeping it up :) I was just messing around anyway :rockon:

wrightme43: why would you prefer liquid cooled over air cooled? I`ve asked the question somewhere else but no1 could answer... I personally don`t care how my bike is cooled, as long as it works :cheer: On the positive side, air cooled means no big radiator on the bike, and no need to change the liquid when at the track :thumbup:

hehe I knew you`d catch that! where's your submission?!?!

Its my understanding that aircooled is a whole lot harder on the oil.
The only aircooled I have been around are harleys and damn man those things are hot!!!
Also per CC liquid cool makes more power.

Other than that no real reason.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Its my understanding that aircooled is a whole lot harder on the oil.
The only aircooled I have been around are harleys and damn man those things are hot!!!
Also per CC liquid cool makes more power.

Other than that no real reason.

My Harley Davidson oil ($13 a quart ouch!!!) can take it! lol

Don`t tell me your FZ never gets hot ;) I rode an R1 not too long ago and that thing was freaking hot as well... modern bikes will get hot, that`s how it is, and it`s really not that bad :)

Ok, about the power, I did not know about that... but it make sense... better cooling means you can push the engine more... :rockon:

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

Oh yeah man, dont think I was knocking it. Its just not what I want. It looks cool as hell, and like I said I would ride the hell out of it.

I am sure you already do this but just in case. Synth oil is just tits for aircooled. It keeps its viscosity index alot longer in the higher oil temps that aircooling sees.

Your right they all get hot as hell though. I just sat on a harley that had been shut off, and damn it was crazy hot. maybe no more so than my bike, just the way I was sitting? I dont know for sure, I guess a laser temp gun would tell the tale quickly.

Does your bike have a oil cooler man? I bet that would help alot in a oil/air cooled engine. The sportster my nieghbor got only holds three quarts of oil, and its doing a lot of work.

J

jsteinb95

My Harley Davidson ($13 a quart ouch!!!) can take it! lol

Don`t tell me your FZ never gets hot ;) I rode an R1 not too long ago and that thing was freaking hot as well... modern bikes will get hot, that`s how it is, and it`s really not that bad :)

Ok, about the power, I did not know about that... but it make sense... better cooling means you can push the engine more... :rockon:

Oh yeah man, dont think I was knocking it. Its just not what I want. It looks cool as hell, and like I said I would ride the hell out of it.

I am sure you already do this but just in case. Synth oil is just tits for aircooled. It keeps its viscosity index alot longer in the higher oil temps that aircooling sees.

Your right they all get hot as hell though. I just sat on a harley that had been shut off, and damn it was crazy hot. maybe no more so than my bike, just the way I was sitting? I dont know for sure, I guess a laser temp gun would tell the tale quickly.

Does your bike have a oil cooler man? I bet that would help alot in a oil/air cooled engine. The sportster my nieghbor got only holds three quarts of oil, and its doing a lot of work.

:hijack: :spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reaaaaaaaaaaally wanna post, but i cant, Bike has been in the shpop for a week and a half, with forks off, and a whole bunch of stuff waiting to go on it! aaaaaargh, it's driving me nuts, How long have we got to get our photo's in here????

:Flash:

J

jsteinb95

I reaaaaaaaaaaally wanna post, but i cant, Bike has been in the shpop for a week and a half, with forks off, and a whole bunch of stuff waiting to go on it! aaaaaargh, it's driving me nuts, How long have we got to get our photo's in here????

This thread will be closed on September 15. When do you think you'll have it back?

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

post a pic in the shop with it all apart :thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.