Possible Bad Coil Pack??

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
The fan is now back working again, it seems the battery was a little weak. I left the bike on the battery tender since Sunday and had no over heating issues today to and from work:beer:

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

timd99

Reaction score
Visit site
The guy on the phone told me it was a ground issue, but when I picked up the bike the tech said it was an intermittent issue with the connection from the spark plug wire to the cap. He said he clipped a little off the end of the wire and screwed cap back on. The problem was so simple they didn't charge more than the diagnostic fee to fix it.

Any update on this as far as no further issues? I am having this same exact problem, and after buying an aftermarket coil, the problem has not gone away.

Was it truely a wire to cap problem?

Thanks.

Tim

timd99

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem is error codes on ignition codes, both but usually one is more often than another (33 & 34), cold coils test ok on resistance testing.

Checked plug wires, and they all have good wire in them and test ok, visually and on the meter.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting - mine ran fine but had vibes that WERE NOT THERE when I bought it. Which lead me to this: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/48874-cure-bad-vibrations-spark-plug-caps.html

On another occasion; see specific post #3
http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...when-doing-spark-plug-changes.html#post506246

Do I dare say my own bike was headed towards the land of misfits??? Ya, last couple of 300 mile rides she picked up a vibes that most females would die for! :spank: :spank: :spank:
Figuring the weakest link on the Fiz is the ignition I had to look for it and when I found the plugs in pristine condition I gave all the caps a twist. Everyone one of them was loose and number 4 didn't snug up so I removed the cap and cut the wire back. It snugged in there nicely! I just got back from a ride and man is it smooth again! No vibes what so ever!

This is the one and only thing I went after and well, thankfully the test drive just now says it was Plug Caps FTW!!! I am now looking forward to Sunday's Ride!

So - If you haven't checked your plug caps; DO IT!!!!

timd99

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the update John.

In my case, took it to the dealer, and it ended up being a bad ECU. Going to sell the bike at this point, after I find a replacement ECU for it.