Pod Light Mod to relocate the Front Turn Signals?

Capt.Clydescope

Reaction score
Visit site
I got this crazy idea from the POD Light Mod.

In those pics it shows them with the headlights off so i cant tell how visible they would actually be, but what if you just dremmel'ed out the holes to match the t/s sockets where the pod lights would go and snake the front turn signal sockets up in to there? you wouldn't need to buy anything, short of maybe some wire and connectors to extend the pigtails on the light sockets.

I imagine that you would have to get some super bright LED turns so that they would be visible through the glare of the head lamp.....

Anyone who has done this mod think that putting high vis LED's in their Pod's could work for "hidden" blinkers?

my first guess would be no, but never hurts to ask!

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
The stock turn signal sockets won't fit in the pod light location. The pod light location you'd have to drill out is only about 3/4" diameter.
I put amber LED pod lights in mine when I did my HID's, I used these.
US 2pcs T10 194 W5W 921 LED 7W Q5 CREE Side Turn Signal Light Bulb Lamp Amber | eBay They're pretty bright, much brighter than this style T10 168 High Power 2835 Chip LED Amber Yellow Interior Light Bulbs | eBay
I'm currently only using them as running lights. Not sure if I'd wan to trust them as my only turn signals like you said, might get washed out by the headlights.

15488338932_0bd5e3cc88_b.jpg

Last edited:

Capt.Clydescope

Reaction score
Visit site
Right on, i shoved my hand up there and it felt big enough, tho i couldn't really gauge it correctly tho.

and yeah CREE bulbs are where its at, bright as all get out.

I figured they would be washed out, but with HID's might be a bit easier to see since the beams are coming from a concentrated spot....but then again best safe than sorry!

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
I got this crazy idea from the POD Light Mod.I imagine that you would have to get some super bright LED turns so that they would be visible through the glare of the head lamp.....

I did this mod a few years back, the indicators were washed out completely, even by the standard halogen headlight bulbs I was running at the time. LED's didn't make any difference either IMO.

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Safety first!
The only what comes to my mind is some kind of headlight "dimmer" that would activate when indicators work. Like in Audis, where headlight LEDs dim when the indicator works.

Capt.Clydescope

Reaction score
Visit site
that would be pretty dope. but im starting to think this little halfbrained idea of mine was kinda dumb in teh first place....well not dumb if your into looks only, as it would be pretty clean.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
With HID projectors they would be visible but with the halogen reflectors in there it will wash out the turn signals in the POD lights and no oncoming vehicle will see it.