Pirelli Diablos sets for $189 are BACK!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you missed out last Fall Cycle Gear has scared up some more Diablos for $189 a pair.

These are very good tires, for everyday use to intermediate level track days. Get 'em while you can!!! Very nice tire at a SCREAMIN' price.

Pre-order now and pick them up the day of the sale.

Cycle Gear - PIRELLI: Diablo Supersport Street Tire PACKAGE DEAL

No I don't work for CG, just like the folks who do work there.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i picked up my set last year at this price.. there are great tires... there has been some talk latly of the tires not holding up, but i would just look them over at CG and if they have any sidewall cracks, dont buy them....

for that price, i will probably buy another set and heve them when i need them... :)

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When Cycle Gear throwing deal then is a good deal specially for front store.
No worry with their customer service either...:thumbup:
I got my deal last Feb for Dunlop and is increadiable price...:D
Thank s for the post...

If you missed out last Fall Cycle Gear has scared up some more Diablos for $189 a pair.

These are very good tires, for everyday use to intermediate level track days. Get 'em while you can!!! Very nice tire at a SCREAMIN' price.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I will need a rear tire at the end of the season, so a set would be even better. Now I will keep the old front tire as a spare.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I originally really liked the Diablos (come stock on the Buell), but found that they did not age very well for me... my front tire ended up with a flat spot in the middle of the tire, compromising feedback and making turn-in a PITA, and rear grip quickly decreased with little warning... I have heard similar comments from a couple of experienced riders. It may be why they're selling them for so cheap! :)

Of course, other ppl will have different experiences, and this is just my own personal experience/opinion, but I would recommend the BT016 or Pilot Powers (regular or 2CT) anyday over these Pirellis.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site

Hellgate: where should we send the check, to your home address? Thanks---Pirelli

spamthefood

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought these when they were on sale for the same price last fall and I plan on getting another pair this time around. Cycle gear also has a pretty cheap install price if you bring the wheels in.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW this is a killer deal. I just upgraded to Pirelli Diablo Strada, and I am in love with them. I will never get any other set but Pirelli. I am totally sold on the high end tire technology.
If anyone gets these tires, you will not regret. I will post couple pics later and a review.

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
bump...if you live near a Cyclegear, they will install tires too (at least the one near me does). if you buy the tire from them, its $20, if you bring a tire in, its $30.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:Just got my set of Pirelli Diablos this morning. I still have good thread on my Dunlop Qualifiers front and rear left. Can't wait to get these new tires on soon.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With almost 15,000 miles on my Pilot Powers 2CT's, new tires have been on my list even though I still haven't even come close to touching the wear marks on my tiires.

I choose to pass on them today while I was at Cycle Gear. The Diablo's are definately a step down or two from the Pilot Powers. By the time I paid extra for a mobile mechanic to swing by and pick the tires up and deliver, mount and balance them, I could get better tires for the same price buying them from the dealership. I don't have the luxury of a vehicle, my FZ is my only ride. That's why I ride a Yamaha; it goes all day, everyday!

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!!!

I was looking for new tires for this season. The stock front tire has worn funny..I check the tire pressure often, but it still wore funny.

Oh well, this is a good reason to get some better rubber on the bike anyway.

Thanks Agian!:D

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine in the mail today :cheer::cheer::cheer:

When I ordered them, they estimated the shipping (not delivery) date between 5/18 and 5/20. I didn't expect to get them until later this week.

They look great, not like they have been sitting around. No dust, no cracks, brand spanking new. Can't wait to have them installed! Got a Cycle Gear catalog with them that advertised that they will balance any tire for free, no matter where you bought them. So all I have to do is pay for installation :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The best part is that on the back of the catalog that came with the tires, is a 25% off anything coupon. I have been looking at a pair of A* A-10 riding pants and 25% off makes them the perfect price. Now I have something to do while my tires are being installed!

I love Cycle Gear!!

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked the TIN on my tires and the manufacture date on the front tire is 01/09 and the rear is 04/09 . So they are fresh stock and not left overs.:thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Hellgate! Mine came today also.

Next to good lovin'- nuttin better than new rubber :)

Not going to check the date cause they are round and black- works for me.

No doubt the PR2 is a better tire but sometimes I am a cheap bastage.