Pirelli Diablo Tire Sale $179 a Pair!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Diablos are a better deal because they are $10.00 less :rolleyes:

Regardless, both are very good tires and at the price you can't go wrong! :rockon:

A

Aggietaco

Picked the tires up today and had them mounted. Yeah the sale isn't until Saturday but I'm doing a track day, FINALLY, on Sunday and I need to scrub them in so Cycle Gear was totally cool and hooked me up today.

So to answer a few questions: 1) they are old, so freaking old. The date stamp was 1008. 22 days or less, damn. Military discount, nope, but they were mounted for $20 each, instead of $24.95. 3) there are little tridents on the very edge of the tire, too cool.

So, GO BUY THEM if you need new tires!

Tomorrow is about 75 miles of scrubbing and track day on Sunday, stay tuned for pics! :thumbup:

Lucky. I've been looking forward to the tires since I paid for them. I'm afraid the ride the bike at all now with this slow air leak and I'm worried the guys are going to be too busy on Sunday to get them mounted then. And this weekend looks like perfect riding weather too...:(

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
As far as tires being old give me a break people. These are not 10 year old tires. Think about it, people here are buying new 06 and 07 FZ6s. Those tires are not \\"new\\". My 07 had a build date of Oct '06 and my tires were probably made in Sept or Aug of '06. Here we are at least two years later and guess what? The tires are fine. IF these tires at Cycle Gear are two years old they are fine, they are probably 6 months old, at the oldest. Both Cycle Gear and Pirelli are large companies who would not risk selling, in mass, dry rotted tires.

My suggestion is call Cycle Gear if you have any questions.

Right you are, Hellgate. And, ALSO, these are tires that are stored inside, no UV rays are drying them out. Just because there's a tire sale doesn't mean that they're decrepit, old tires.

By the way (BTW), you can ONLY order the BT016 ON-LINE and you'll have to pay the $16.00 oversize shipping fee.

Tires Unlimited has near equally good price on these Bridgestones. These are state-of-the-art tires: Triple compund rear, dual in front. I'm thinking about get a pair myself but my OEMS are still brand frickin' new at 8k miles. Possibly, I could cram a pair of tires in garage (poor garage).

Last edited:

jfz6

Not Here Enough
Premium Member
Reaction score
web.mac.com
I went in yesterday and got a set as well. I had a hell of a time getting my rims off and back on considering I have no mechanical experience- not the best project to try for my first time. I did it though! D@mn those little adjustment screws for the chain slack and the brakes having to be exactly even.

Just to let you know that cycle gear has a warranty on the tires as well so if you are like me- this will be my third rear tire to buy this year because of finding nice sharp things stuck in my tire. But check this out!!!! It is like $26 for each tire. It does not count for general wear though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here to report that the Diablos worked great on the track! Not probelms at all, stuck like glue, very predictable. :thumbup:

A

Aggietaco

Here to report that the Diablos worked great on the track! Not probelms at all, stuck like glue, very predictable. :thumbup:

Still working on scrubbing mine in. Working a little more lean into each turn and so far, I'm liking them better than the BT020's.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site

Donnie869

Bass/BikeMaster
Reaction score
www.palmbaybassmasters.com
I bought these tires last year at full price, I only got 5,000 miles out of the rear (cords showing in the center), i'm still riding on the front. I was NOT going to go with these tires again because of the low mileage, I felt I babied the rear (no wheelies, burnouts, or rear lock ups). I was going to buy the Roadsmarts with the new dual compound, BUT at this price I was sold and bought another set. It is not on-line only, I walked into the local Cyclegear and they had a set and sold them to me right there for the special price. I was told once they are gone they're gone. Cyclegear bought ALL the Pirelli Streets in the US ( so I was told ). I'll change my riding habits again for this rear and see how the mileage goes. Good luck getting the deal. Oh yeah, DON'T buy the roadhazzard for the front with this deal, it only covers what you pay for the tire, and you only pay $22.00 for the front.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I almost have 14,000 miles on my Pilot Powers 2ct's. I'm planning to get some new tires within the next sixty days. But like so many other people, how do they hold up mileage wise. One member said they got 11,000 miles out of them.

Wonder if my MSF discount can be applied to the sale?

Just trying to figure out if I go and buy them, how do I get them home? My bike is my only ride. Wonder if I can wear them like a hoola hoop and ride?

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
DARN! I just bought a set of Bridgestone BT016's for around $300.00 and I'm still scrubbing them in. Wish I'd known about this deal a couple of weeks ago. I do like the 016's, though.