Pirelli Diablo Tire Sale $179 a Pair!!!

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Diablo Street Tires, Front and Rear Combo, 180 rear $179.98, 190 rear $189.98.

Pete,

Can you confirm which of the Diablo line they have for $180? Looked through the thread, and saw mention of Strada, Corsa IIIs, and another....

Thanks,

John

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
John - The ad states, "Pirelli Diablo Street Tire Front and Rear Combo".

That would be the Strada: PIRELLIMoto - DIABLO STRADA

Not the Coursa III, the Rossa, etc.

As far as tires being old give me a break people. These are not 10 year old tires. Think about it, people here are buying new 06 and 07 FZ6s. Those tires are not "new". My 07 had a build date of Oct '06 and my tires were probably made in Sept or Aug of '06. Here we are at least two years later and guess what? The tires are fine. IF these tires at Cycle Gear are two years old they are fine, they are probably 6 months old, at the oldest. Both Cycle Gear and Pirelli are large companies who would not risk selling, in mass, dry rotted tires.

My suggestion is call Cycle Gear if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, the tire on sale is a plain ole Diablo. No Strada, Corsa, nothing else on the name but Diablo.
PIRELLIMoto - DIABLO
After seeing this thread, I immediately notified by buddy who is in love with the Strada. He immediately called Cycle Gear. Cycle Gear said it is the Diablo. No strada.
The Diablo may actually be a better tire on the FZ. It is listed in the Hypersport section of their tire listings vs. Street section.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, the tire on sale is a plain ole Diablo. No Strada, Corsa, nothing else on the name but Diablo.
PIRELLIMoto - DIABLO
After seeing this thread, I immediately notified by buddy who is in love with the Strada. He immediately called Cycle Gear. Cycle Gear said it is the Diablo. No strada.
The Diablo may actually be a better tire on the FZ. It is listed in the Hypersport section of their tire listings vs. Street section.

See? All is good in the world! :thumbup:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
F*%$&K!!!!!!!! I just bought a Dunlop Road master from Cycle gear and it was $200 installed! Damn it!

Thanks for the heads up anyway, Pete!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I zipped by CG over lunch and low-and-behold...at the front door of the shop were 6 huge piles of Diablo tires! I can confirm: 1) The are Diablos not any thing else in the family, 2) they are not old, rotted, full of black widows, rats and snakes. They have that nice tacky, new tire feel to them and the great smell of fresh rubber.

So if you want them preorder now or pick up a set on Saturday the 25th, the day of the Spooky Sale! :thumbup:

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
Our cycle gear rep told us about 3 weeks ago about the sale. Ours were available without the sale going on. Weird. They had huge stacks up on the walls. I thought about buying a set, but my Pirelli Rosso's are still good after 4K they have no them.

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,

Thanks for the heads-up. Went and got a pair today! They feel so sticky that I doubt they will last as long a my 020s, but at that price and performance level, who cares?!

John

A

Aggietaco

I broke down and bought a pair too. My stocker rear has a slow leak, so I needed to replace them anyway. I wonder how hard it will be to get them mounted on Sunday?

Reclaimer033

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,

Thanks for the heads-up. Went and got a pair today! They feel so sticky that I doubt they will last as long a my 020s, but at that price and performance level, who cares?!

John

My last set of Diablos lasted about 11K miles. Just swapped them out for some BT021s last month.:mad:
I am very disappointed in the BT021s. I've put on about 1200 miles and I get a loud, high-pitched, road noise above 35 mph. Contacted Bridgestone and they are swapping them out for some 020s but even still, I will probably buy a set of Diablos too. Just in case.

I do mostly commuting riding.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked the tires up today and had them mounted. Yeah the sale isn't until Saturday but I'm doing a track day, FINALLY, on Sunday and I need to scrub them in so Cycle Gear was totally cool and hooked me up today.

So to answer a few questions: 1) they are old, so freaking old. The date stamp was 1008. 22 days or less, damn. Military discount, nope, but they were mounted for $20 each, instead of $24.95. 3) there are little tridents on the very edge of the tire, too cool.

So, GO BUY THEM if you need new tires!

Tomorrow is about 75 miles of scrubbing and track day on Sunday, stay tuned for pics! :thumbup:

chickwebb

Reaction score
Visit site
So to answer a few questions: 1) they are old, so freaking old. The date stamp was 1008. 22 days or less, damn. Military discount, nope, but they were mounted for $20 each, instead of $24.95. 3) there are little tridents on the very edge of the tire, too cool.

Whoa! 22 days?! Isn't it all cracked and brittle? :eek: Be careful on the track!

:justkidding: Seriously, the Diablos deal is screaming. If you need new, sticky shoes this cannot be beat, IMHO.

If you're not a Pirelli guy or are afraid you'll wear them out too quickly, they are also selling BT-016s for $189.99 (online and in the stores on 10/25). The BT-016s are a new, multi-compound tire that targets the same market as the Pilot Power 2CT from Michelin. Might be a better choice for those of you that are mostly commuting and just hitting the twisties on the weekend. While they are new, the limited reviews that I've seen seem positive, and don't mention anything about the front cupping (common problem with B-stones).

FWIW.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,
Just wanted to post a thank you for the tire sale alert.:rockon: A good deal for $207 delivered - I'l mount them myself.
Although technically I don't need new tires since the OEMs aren't used up yet (5800mi., & could go another 2000 easily), I'm gonna use this as an excuse to get new ones!:cheer: Yuk, yuk
The OEMs are at least 5 yrs. old & are very hard - does that count also? Ha!
Anyway, thanks for the heads up!
Bill

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Billm - I put my stock in the shed for back up, I'm sure they will age gracefully. I just got back from a 50 mile ride and the Diablos are a great tire. I didn't hit it too hard but a nice fun ride. The bike now feels about 50 pounds lighter, I guess the flat spot on the rear tire contributes to that.

Last edited: