Parting out a 2004 FZ6 w/8800 miles

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
Please do not PM me about these parts. PM Steve Allen. He is the owner of the bike and has the list of parts and prices
Thank you.

One of my friends here at work had his FZ6 "broken" by his son recently (cracked the engine case) and I'm helping him to to part it out. This weekend we finally were able to start stripping things down and getting them ready to sell. Below of some photos of the bike as it stood just before being taken apart. yesterday. Iit looks very good be a few things are toast. Some of the fairing pieces are cracked/broken. The tank has a fist sized dent on the right side and a quarter sized one on the left. The tail has some rash on it on top. The mirrors are in one piece but have some rashing. The right side control is functional but the on/off switch button is missing. The left side control is good but has some rash on it. And as I mentioned, the case is broken at the bottom. Everything else is as it should be for an FZ with 8800 miles on it.
We'll start listing parts over then next couple of weeks but if there's anything that people are interested in please let me know here and we'll get those out first so you can see pics and figure what the price is.
I realize I'm new here and I have a low post count but I have contacted the site admin and I have introduced myself in the new members thread so everyone can see who I am and check me out. The bike belongs to forum member Steve Allen (who I didn't realize must have already had an account here when I posted this for him) so please PM him if you have questions about parts, pricing, and payment.

2004_FZ6-01.jpg

2004_FZ6-02.jpg

2004_FZ6-03.jpg

2004_FZ6-04.jpg

2004_FZ6-05.jpg

2004_FZ6-06.jpg

2004_FZ6-07.jpg

2004_FZ6-09.jpg

2004_FZ6-10.jpg

2004_FZ6-11.jpg

2004_FZ6-12.jpg

2004_FZ6-13.jpg

2004_FZ6-14.jpg

2004_FZ6-15.jpg

2004_FZ6-16.jpg

2004_FZ6-17.jpg

2004_FZ6-18.jpg

2004_FZ6-19.jpg

2004_FZ6-20.jpg

2004_FZ6-21.jpg

Last edited:

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
BTW, the following items someone on the board has already got "dibs" on but if he decides he does not want I will update the thread.
Intake air temp sensor, intake air pressure sensor, water temp sensor, injectors, ignition coils, crankshaft position sensor.

TDC Cycle

Reaction score
tdccycle.com
We now have the bike mostly stripped - it is down to the frame, subframe, swingarm, forks, and wheels. The frame does have a clear Tennessee title, and is undamaged. I'll finish stripping it to the frame by this weekend.

Other than a few small pieces, none of the plastics survived undamaged.

The owner of the bike and I will be getting together tonight to inventory the parts.

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
Everybody who has PM'd please bear with me as I forward your messages to the owner of the bike. He's tied up for a couple of days but has given me some pricing for some items already. As soon as I can confirm the pieces that are being asked about are in good working order I'll get back to each of you with a price. Hopefully this weekend we'll be able to start posting up photos of individual items. :)

Steve Allen

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Brandon.

I'll be digging into details tonight. As much as I can get before headed to Tallahassee tomorrow.

I will clean, take and post pictures and figure shipping for all inquries I have received from you.

Everything else will be taken care of this weekend.

Steve

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
If you guys have anymore questions about the parts available and pricing I would PM Steve Allen since it's his bike. I am putting together responses for all the PM's I received on his behalf and should have answers to everybody this morning.

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
Sorry, didn't mean to cause a problem. Steve has all the parts and is figuring all the prices (there's a lot of stuff). I was just trying to help him out but I understand if we did this wrong and we need to kill the thread. I've sold plenty of parts for other bikes before but never a whole part out so sorry if I did it wrong :).

Tomservo

Reaction score
www.nashvilleriders.com
Steve has taken photos of just about all the parts now and has been uploading them to picasa so he can start posting them here. I think he's very close to gathering up all the prices. I think I jumped the gun a bit by posting this. I didn't realize how much stuff there would be and that he was going to be out of town for a while so it's my fault things got a bit bogged down.

Steve Allen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I will address all inquiries this week. The remainder of the parts will be pulled this Sunday. i.e. frame, swing arm, wheels, forks, etc.

I have cataloged the many responses and rest assured the "first come, first serve" concept applies. I will contact you individually.

Thanks for looking. My objective is to be fair on all deals. Let me know of any questions, concerns or comments. I'll work with you.

Steve Allen

Here's a start. More soon.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107979573419562498269/2004YamahaFZ6?authuser=0&feat=directlink

P.S. With exception to the engine, all other parts to be pulled Sunday look to be in excellent condition. The handlebars, cowling and engine (via the curb) took the hit. Various abrasions are visible in the current photos.

Last edited:

Saylin

Reaction score
Visit site
how much would you like for the kickstand? Just the actual stand itself Shipped to 78639

Saylin

Reaction score
Visit site
got my items today, they arrived in great condition and shipped quickly. All items actually look better than they did in in the pictures.

On a side note...do you own stock in bubble wrap? If not you should :BLAA: