Painted Forks, Radiator Guard, and Rear Pegs

brady_cakes01

Reaction score
Visit site
So last night I decided to Paint my forks and I noticed that I really needed to go ahead and paint the rear pegs and the silver radiator guard. Once all that was finished I noticed that I should paint the bolts that hold the farings together, so thats what I did. I really like the look, what do you guys think. Also, next to be painted will be the foot controls. I used some simi-gloss engine enamel. It seems to have worked really well, but i haven't street tested it yet. All pieces except for the rear pegs i just washed and gave about 3 coats of paint. The rear pegs I gave two coats of paint and then set my oven to 375, let it pre-heat, turned it off, then set them in there on a piece of card board and let the oven cool back down. If anyone has any questions just let me know. Also i took off the front reflectors.

Total Cost: US $6.50 (+some beer for me and my friend)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good, gives it a clean look.

Is your bike really copper colored? I like that if it is, very unique. :thumbup:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I am slowly working on making all the silver black and would love to know how it holds up to street use please keep us posted on that

brady_cakes01

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I am slowly working on making all the silver black and would love to know how it holds up to street use please keep us posted on that

Will do, I will try to repost in a few weeks and then in about a month on how its holding up

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Great cheap alternative to powder-coating. I'm gonna do my silver bits soon and bake them in the oven. Just gotta get the girlfriend out of the house for a bit first! :spank: