Operation "SPEEDFazer"

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd check in with my new project at hand...gonna try to create the yamaha version (which in my opinion is way better) of the triumph speed triple. I just get bored with the same thing every year. But i cant afford to buy a new one every year so I am gonna start the build in a couple weeks. Just wanna get some feedback on my idea from you guys.

Mods will include but be limited to:

Naked fz headlight setup

New custom paint
Custom GYT-R exhaust

An more to come! I'm sure I will things as the build progresses. So let me know what you think guys and feel free to post your own projects as well! Have a great day!

Pure sex!!!

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
So are you starting with an FZ1? Cause there is no way the 6 would keep up with the S3, if that's what you are intending... Or are you just going for the looks? None of the mods you listed have anything to do with handling or power..?

Unless you do what that guy in Europe did with the built motor and NOS...but you already said you don't have that kind of coin to spend.

In any case, happy wrenching!

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty much just going for the looks...I would get into too much trouble with anymore power that the fz6 already has...just trying to do something different. Like I said I get bored with the same thing so...I plan on a pcv as well with a k&n filter and air box mod but other than that all cosmetics.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Right on. In that case, there are tons of things you can do. I love looking through the forum at different tail/swingarm/fork swaps people have done. And there are always new things to be tried. I have a 7" harley light on my Ninja 500.

One of my favorite things about my S3 is the single sided swingarm. It's just so sexy.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the S3s, can't afford one so I went a similar route and changed up my FZ. now I can't stop changing it, modding, performance, cosmetic or otherwise is too much fun. I am gonna stop after this last bout though so it doesn't end up like some overly Botox'd supermodel.

Gonna start the hunt For an 800cc tourer, now that the FZ has become my ultimate toy.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the '09. Haven't been able to take her out yet though, with all this damn snow:Flip:

I started on my ninja with intentions of just repainting it, ended up making it naked and doing a new speedo/indicator setup. Once the mod bug bites, there is no going back:welcome:

I already have a ton of stuff picked out for the S3 (that I need to save up for)

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't remember his username, but someone on here has a sweet looking laser exhaust on his fz. Looks mean from the back. I always preferred the nekkid fazers too, I think the front faring/headlights make it look like a praying mantis.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking the biggest issue you're going to face is the tail. The FZ's is quite bulky compared to newer gen S3's.

A side mounted exhaust will help, but I'm not sure how you could clean up the tail that much without swapping for a different one.

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking the biggest issue you're going to face is the tail. The FZ's is quite bulky compared to newer gen S3's.

A side mounted exhaust will help, but I'm not sure how you could clean up the tail that much without swapping for a different one.

The tail is actually what I am working on right now. I pretty much just took it off, but I still have a fairly large Shiny 2Bros exhaust sticking out the back, which I kinda like. The tail light and signals are off though and I am creating a bracket to add a new aftermarket tail/brake light and signals.

Not sure where the plate is gonna go yet, but it's still crazy cold here in PA so I am not worried about it yet. I have been doing a lot of Sheet metal bending and cutting, good times... yeah.:thumbup:

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have the side exit exhaust but I'm going for something new with that...something "one of a kind" (more details on that later...I don't wanna give away all my secrets and surprises). But I can assure you it's gonna be sweet and nobody else will have it. I also wanna do projectors with the devil eyes...anyone ever seen these before? I think they look so bad a$$! There is also a video on YouTube of these. I will post the link later. But I really don't think I'm gonna do much with the tail though...like I said this is the yamaha version of the speed triple so I wanna keep as many yamaha parts as possible.

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZNv6rfJck]FZ6 Projector Headlights #2 BiXenon hid Angel Eyes Halo By BKMOTO.COM projectors - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the video of head lights! Enjoy!