Now I Get It

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
What you may ask? I'm not sure myself but I will try to explain. Recently passed my break in miles and related service. With that being said I have read numerous post on the power band on these bikes and what a difference at 8000 or 8500rpm. That being said I am a new rider with this being my 1st Motorcycle ever. Well I guess you could say I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. Hmmmmm, long section of straight and lightly trafficked road and a curiosity that just wouldn't leave. Before I go on let me say the following. By no means am I super experienced at anything motor sports related but I have experienced a few things. I owned an E30 M3 that used to rev to 8500 and I just thought that was amazing for a street car and that little motor would just wind away. I have run the One Lap of America so I've been to a few tracks and had a few track days in my time. I've experienced a few cars with horsepower that seemed just silly. I raced go karts for a year. All that said I guess I was still not prepared for today and what happened. Oh it was all good, as they say. But that 1st time I teased that throttle to 8500rpm it happened. I wish I could describe the experience and go into an eloquent description of what happened, but it is just not there. I think this describes it best though. I came home and my Wife greets me. I get the helmet off, and she looks at me and says what? I said what do you mean what? You have this little grin on your face. I was kind of surprised, and said I do? She said what again and I just said I think I know what it is about now. I didn't even know I was grinning ever so slightly, but when she said something all I could think of was 8500 and beyond. I still have tons of things to learn and will never stop learning, but after today there is no question as to why I want to learn. I hope you all don't mind this post but its one of those things that I figured a few of you might understand or maybe I'm just weird, but either way thanks for letting me share.

welcome to the world of inline 4 motorcycles :D now you know why we are complaining about the lack of torque under 8k rpm
:Sport:

enjoy and please ride safe,,,,m3 is not a toy either,,i like e30 m3's

Very true ... Memory lane ... my VF500F felt rockship fast in '86. Keep riding - I'm less then a month into the rust removal process after a two year break.

Why would we mind reading that post? As FZ6 owners, we either already have, or will soon, feel the rush you felt today. I haven't wheelied a streetbike since about 1986 (wife's dual sport doesn't count), but at around 10K, the front end gets very light, and may have come up a little, but roll off the throttle very slowly and back firmly on the ground. I normally ride very conservatively, but once in awhile, you just gotta see what the FZ6 can do if unleashed:thumbup:

Why would we mind reading that post? As FZ6 owners, we either already have, or will soon, feel the rush you felt today. I haven't wheelied a streetbike since about 1986 (wife's dual sport doesn't count), but at around 10K, the front end gets very light, and may have come up a little, but roll off the throttle very slowly and back firmly on the ground. I normally ride very conservatively, but once in awhile, you just gotta see what the FZ6 can do if unleashed:thumbup:

I like to accel up to 8k pretty easy, then let off completely and gun it real fast. Your front wheel will come up for a bit, but is very controllable. If you get scared tap your rear brake!

I like to accel up to 8k pretty easy, then let off completely and gun it real fast. Your front wheel will come up for a bit, but is very controllable. If you get scared tap your rear brake!
Yep and it'll look alittle something like this (i do it around 7500-8500rpms in first gear...it does feel like flying alittle bit :D)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNq2xGQdhWc"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Wheelie Full Throttle Fazer[/ame]

Butterflies in your stomach. That is what I got the first couple times I went over 8K. Sometimes I still do. Great feeling :Sport:

yeah, this bike is like a completely different animal over 7000 rpm's and believe me, the fun got all the way to about 12,000 . but she is such a timid beast down low that you wouldn't expect it...

Good writeup!

Back