Now I Get It

blkparade

Reaction score
Visit site
What you may ask? I'm not sure myself but I will try to explain. Recently passed my break in miles and related service. With that being said I have read numerous post on the power band on these bikes and what a difference at 8000 or 8500rpm. That being said I am a new rider with this being my 1st Motorcycle ever. Well I guess you could say I wanted to see what everyone was talking about. Hmmmmm, long section of straight and lightly trafficked road and a curiosity that just wouldn't leave. Before I go on let me say the following. By no means am I super experienced at anything motor sports related but I have experienced a few things. I owned an E30 M3 that used to rev to 8500 and I just thought that was amazing for a street car and that little motor would just wind away. I have run the One Lap of America so I've been to a few tracks and had a few track days in my time. I've experienced a few cars with horsepower that seemed just silly. I raced go karts for a year. All that said I guess I was still not prepared for today and what happened. Oh it was all good, as they say. But that 1st time I teased that throttle to 8500rpm it happened. I wish I could describe the experience and go into an eloquent description of what happened, but it is just not there. I think this describes it best though. I came home and my Wife greets me. I get the helmet off, and she looks at me and says what? I said what do you mean what? You have this little grin on your face. I was kind of surprised, and said I do? She said what again and I just said I think I know what it is about now. I didn't even know I was grinning ever so slightly, but when she said something all I could think of was 8500 and beyond. I still have tons of things to learn and will never stop learning, but after today there is no question as to why I want to learn. I hope you all don't mind this post but its one of those things that I figured a few of you might understand or maybe I'm just weird, but either way thanks for letting me share.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the world of inline 4 motorcycles :D now you know why we are complaining about the lack of torque under 8k rpm
:Sport:

enjoy and please ride safe,,,,m3 is not a toy either,,i like e30 m3's

sledjeski

Reaction score
Visit site
Very true ... Memory lane ... my VF500F felt rockship fast in '86. Keep riding - I'm less then a month into the rust removal process after a two year break.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would we mind reading that post? As FZ6 owners, we either already have, or will soon, feel the rush you felt today. I haven't wheelied a streetbike since about 1986 (wife's dual sport doesn't count), but at around 10K, the front end gets very light, and may have come up a little, but roll off the throttle very slowly and back firmly on the ground. I normally ride very conservatively, but once in awhile, you just gotta see what the FZ6 can do if unleashed:thumbup:

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would we mind reading that post? As FZ6 owners, we either already have, or will soon, feel the rush you felt today. I haven't wheelied a streetbike since about 1986 (wife's dual sport doesn't count), but at around 10K, the front end gets very light, and may have come up a little, but roll off the throttle very slowly and back firmly on the ground. I normally ride very conservatively, but once in awhile, you just gotta see what the FZ6 can do if unleashed:thumbup:

I like to accel up to 8k pretty easy, then let off completely and gun it real fast. Your front wheel will come up for a bit, but is very controllable. If you get scared tap your rear brake!

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to accel up to 8k pretty easy, then let off completely and gun it real fast. Your front wheel will come up for a bit, but is very controllable. If you get scared tap your rear brake!
Yep and it'll look alittle something like this (i do it around 7500-8500rpms in first gear...it does feel like flying alittle bit :D)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNq2xGQdhWc"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Wheelie Full Throttle Fazer[/ame]

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Butterflies in your stomach. That is what I got the first couple times I went over 8K. Sometimes I still do. Great feeling :Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, this bike is like a completely different animal over 7000 rpm's and believe me, the fun got all the way to about 12,000 . but she is such a timid beast down low that you wouldn't expect it...

Good writeup!