Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep. And in the end, we realized we're not nearly as hardcore as you :bow:

Oh give me a break :rolleyes:

That reminds me - how's the dog? :Flip:

:Flip: The dog's owner claimed him late last night...I'm still suffering from separation anxiety. Great dog.
4154951480_8f2645d636_b.jpg

Great question, Travis.

:Flip:

LMAO!!! Nate, we ragged on you big time during the Friday night dinner :D

:Flip:

I spent most of my Friday night ripping off, cleaning, and reinstalling the carb on my KTM in hopes of getting it running so I could go for a dirt ride sat morning...was wishing I was with you guys for sure.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Found this over on STn site, I can't tell if any of our group is in the photos but maybe some of you can--

In The Turn

Jerry
I heard there was a new guy shooting on the mountain and but didn't fing you guys...:( He'll be up there not this weekend but next weekend. I like some of his shots.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear, if I wasn't the chairman for a local blood drive this weekend I'd be kidnapping Chemiker and Tailgate and be heading back down to SoCal this weekend to ride with you hooligans. :BLAA:
I think withdrawal is worse than anticipation...
:spank:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
His shots are pretty nice..

I like what he captures. Each guy up there does great work and they all have their signature. I also checked out 1904 Photography to see if he was the on the mountain on Saturday but he was there on Sunday. He also does some great work.

There was a story done by a friend of mine Tom (Scar) White (Rider Review Magazine) on Rick Clemson.
Rick is one of the greatest guys you can meet and always welcomes visitors as he works. If you ride the mountain enough you'll see that Rick has one arm and his left arm is partial and used as a rest. He lost it in a motor sport accident on the water while jet-skiing. He heads out to the mountain and shoots about 8 hrs. on Sat. and Sunday. Sometimes he has company with him and they shoot. He told me he's had a lot of close ones on the "Tight Side" South Grade. Told me a funny story about bailing into one of those big multiple drain pipes on one of the turns when a bike was coming right at him.

Jarred from J.P.Imagery does some great shoots there as well. Check him out in my visor on the shoulder of the road! Haha! :rockon:

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I swear, if I wasn't the chairman for a local blood drive this weekend I'd be kidnapping Chemiker and Tailgate and be heading back down to SoCal this weekend to ride with you hooligans. :BLAA:
I think withdrawal is worse than anticipation...
:spank:

It's not kidnapping if your "hostage" is willing!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is still waiting for its bubble bath. But, it's just gonna have to wait; I'm back to the job/work routine, catching up on stuff (bills, garden, unpack, lawns, home maintainance, van repair, etc.) after my three-week vacation that culminated with the FZ6-Forum 2010 Nor/SoCal ride. That ride was especially awesome for me, riding along with so many other enthusiasts on some of California's great routes. It would be nice to line up some more enthusiasts from NorCal for a future ride!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of videos I took on the trip.

Following BryanDH on Palomar. You can see the turn where Rick Clemson was taking photos at 4:28. There was an awful resonation and high pitched squeal, so you might have to turn your speakers down or off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYUXoh0dtUE]YouTube - Palomar Mountain 082110[/ame]

Following Tailgate on Montezuma. Just a gorgeous road. I could have let the gang be on their way and stayed there all day. Til we meet again my love...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhauXu8tOr0]YouTube - Up Montezuma 082110.wmv[/ame]

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Reminds me of how Palamor was crawling with CHP. I guess that's normal for a good weather, summer weekend. Great video, Travis.