NorCal ride to see SoCal gang 8/20- 8/22

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you all made it back up there...

So how did you guys like Ojai??? sick road wasn't it?

Stacy, how was your back issues on Sunday? Better than Sat.?

Thanks for the new pics David. Just got home a couple of hours ago after an 11 hour ride home with Chemiker (Travis) and Tailgate (Stacy) to the Bay Area. Great ride through Ojai and the mountains. Only bummer is I dropped my bike on a pull out on our way out of the mountains. :( Not much damage to the bike due to the frame sliders but I hyper extended my elbow and can't straighten it out. Working on my pics tonight and will post my contribution asap.
Thanks everyone who took the time to take all the great pics of our ride. :thumbup:

OOPS :) Same kind of deal as what happened to Patrick? Hope the elbow gets better soon... keep us updated.

Man, being back at work today is tough!!!!! :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you all made it back up there...

So how did you guys like Ojai??? sick road wasn't it?

OOPS :) Same kind of deal as what happened to Patrick? Hope the elbow gets better soon... keep us updated.

Man, being back at work today is tough!!!!! :D

Ojai was awesome! Only saw 1 CHP at the bottom, hardly any traffic, and perfect weather and road conditions. I think that I even recognized the spot of your over the cliff incident as I came around one of the corners. :eek:
All the back roads we took until we finally hooked back up with 101 were great and all three of us had a blast riding them on the way home. Just made for another long day in the saddle.
Elbow's better than last night but it's pretty wrenched still, can't quite straighten it out yet but with some ice and rx therapy I'll be as good as new in no time. :thumbup:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Oaji was pretty amazing! It had a lot of dirt (silt) in areas, but was mostly clean and fast. Was definitely worth taking that way home :rockon:

We hit a little unexpected awesomeness on HWY 58 too, just West of McKittrick!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong....

I am NOT complaining about the picture ;)

Brenda, it took all the tongue biting I could muster not to rat out Wavex and the guys in our group that beat Mark and I down to the bottom. :D
They were ahead of us just enough to get off of their bikes before the CHP came around the corner and popped me and Mark making up for lost time. :Flip:
Another reason I think Wavex should change his sig to "Mr. Lucky".

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda, it took all the tongue biting I could muster not to rat out Wavex and the guys in our group that beat Mark and I down to the bottom. :D
They were ahead of us just enough to get off of their bikes before the CHP came around the corner and popped me and Mark making up for lost time. :Flip:

Hahaha!!!!:rof::rof: Now you know how they roll!!!! Hahaha! :rof::rof:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

LOL, I played the Old & Slow card:thumbup::D

Jerry

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
:D
What back problem? Actually, Wavex, after taking a couple of wonder drug pills (thanks, Lefty) and something that a chick at the San Pedro hostel gave me, I felt pretty good upon waking up Sunday morning. But, it was "Easy does it" (no acrobatics, getting off/on bike every stop) during the fun ride back up to NorCal. Chemiker, Lefty and Tailgate (3rd person talk) had a blast going back up. We even gassed up---get this!---at a retro looking, 70's-decade "PUMP FIRST" gas station in "Margherita" (or somewhere similar sounding?). Can you believe pulling up to a "pump first" gas station in 2010? Sorry, no picture but Chemiker and Lefty, both, can tell you that it's true. The massive group ride on Saturday was awesome. How many in total: 15? (would've been 16 with Noodle). Hey NorCal riders out there---why don't we try to even the odds with SoCal riders next time? It was NorCal:3, SoCal: 12. (sorry Vegas for grouping you in with SoCal)

Last edited:

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
What back problem? Actually, Wavex, after taking a couple of wonder drug pills (thanks, Lefty) and something that a chick at the San Pedro hostel gave me, I felt pretty good upon waking up Sunday morning. But, it was "Easy does it" (no acrobatics, getting off/on bike every stop) during the fun ride back up to NorCal. Chemiker, Lefty and Tailgate (3rd person talk) had a blast going back up. We even gassed up---get this!---at a retro looking, 70's-decade "PUMP FIRST" gas station in "Margherita" (or somewhere similar sounding?). Can you believe pulling up to a "pump first" gas station in 2010? Sorry, no picture but Chemiker and Lefty, both, can tell you that it's true.
Don't you just love modern science:thumbup::thumbup:
Glad your back is better:thumbup: Just where is this gas station, sounds like a neat place.

Jerry

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

lmao... that's what I said, next time try to go faster, you would have been off the bike and safe by the time the cop came around!!! :D

Seriously though, we were VERY lucky... if the cop had seen us go down the twisty bits up the mountain (and not just the last little straight away at the BOTTOM of the mountain), I don't think he would have let us go with just a warning... as soon as he came close to the bikes I was hoping he wouldn't look at our tires... they were still smoking LOL

Sig updated :BLAA:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
What back problem? Actually, Wavex, after taking a couple of wonder drug pills (thanks, Lefty) and something that a chick at the San Pedro hostel gave me, I felt pretty good upon waking up Sunday morning. But, it was "Easy does it" (no acrobatics, getting off/on bike every stop) during the fun ride back up to NorCal. Chemiker, Lefty and Tailgate (3rd person talk) had a blast going back up. We even gassed up---get this!---at a retro looking, 70's-decade "PUMP FIRST" gas station in "Margherita" (or somewhere similar sounding?). Can you believe pulling up to a "pump first" gas station in 2010? Sorry, no picture but Chemiker and Lefty, both, can tell you that it's true. The massive group ride on Saturday was awesome. How many in total: 16? (would've been 17 with Noodle). Hey NorCal riders out there---why don't we try to even the odds with SoCal riders next time? It was NorCal:3, SoCal: 15. (sorry Vegas for grouping you in with SoCal)

Glad to hear Stacy!

Yeah I think we were 18 to start the day and we finished at 15 or something like that... epic!!!

I agree, your NorCal group is pathetic!!! :BLAA:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We even gassed up---get this!---at a retro looking, 70's-decade "PUMP FIRST" gas station in "Margherita" (or somewhere similar sounding?). Can you believe pulling up to a "pump first" gas station in 2010? Sorry, no picture but Chemiker and Lefty, both, can tell you that it's true.

It's true - the guy wouldn't take money in advance. He was like "I don't know how much gas you're going to get - how can I charge you right now"? It was in Santa Margarita, near HWY 58 and 101. They also had a sign that said pumps open 24 hours - I don't know how you do that with no pay at the pump option. Someone lives at the gas station I guess? It was a pretty cool sight.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lmao... that's what I said, next time try to go faster, you would have been off the bike and safe by the time the cop came around!!! :D

Seriously though, we were VERY lucky... if the cop had seen us go down the twisty bits up the mountain (and not just the last little straight away at the BOTTOM of the mountain), I don't think he would have let us go with just a warning... as soon as he came close to the bikes I was hoping he wouldn't look at our tires... they were still smoking LOL

Sig updated :BLAA:

Lol, that's the kind of logic I'd try to use with my wife to explain the need for me to go faster. :BLAA: Unfortunately she wouldn't buy it no matter how hard I'd try to sell it. She did think it was pretty funny that Mark and I got popped with you guys getting off scot free.:D
I posted the picture of me and Mark standing behind the cruiser on my facebook page and my 27 y.o. daughter posted the comment: "That's my bada$$ dad..."

P.S. I'm glad you updated your sig finally. :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, here's my version of events from last weekend. It won't be as good as Vegasrider's or some of the others but here it goes...

Stay tuned, I screwed something up as I was trying something new. :spank:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And we can't forget "The Theme For The Day" trying to catch all the FZ's. We're just too fast and too good! Maybe next time Chipper

Last edited: