Noise ordinance.... Does your state have one?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew the Roma were different and am 99% sure that it is 20 feet at a 45 degree angle... I looked it up last year but can't seem to find it right now

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean 20 inches, not feet, correct? He was crouched right beside the bike's rear tire when testing... I'm not a great judge to eyeball measurements but I'd guess about 15" out the rear and then angle off 15" on the 45 degree....

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not to sure what the DB level is in the State of Washington. but I can tell you it must be high because my Ducati Monster is really loud. It has Mivv GP cans on it With Out the DB killers in. I have never had a problem with them I have gone by officers at RPM and they have turned there head to look but thats it. I have never had it tested but I think they are in the high 90's and maybe the low 100 range.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean 20 inches, not feet, correct? He was crouched right beside the bike's rear tire when testing... I'm not a great judge to eyeball measurements but I'd guess about 15" out the rear and then angle off 15" on the 45 degree....

yeah, might be 20 inches... All I could remember is 20 something and 45 degree angle. Was he at ground level with ute meter or at exhaust level measure? The ground level might get me a little more buffer

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, might be 20 inches... All I could remember is 20 something and 45 degree angle. Was he at ground level with ute meter or at exhaust level measure? The ground level might get me a little more buffer

The meter was at the same level as the exhaust port and held directly above the end of his template. Sorry Rob... no buffer!

I'm not great at triangles but if you have 15" out, turn 45 degrees and go another 15" then what is the measurement of the long side of this triangle? It isn't a right-angle so the Pythagorean theorem can't be used directly, at least without throwing in some trig at the end.

Any math wiz out there this AM?

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
The meter was at the same level as the exhaust port and held directly above the end of his template. Sorry Rob... no buffer!

I'm not great at triangles but if you have 15" out, turn 45 degrees and go another 15" then what is the measurement of the long side of this triangle? It isn't a right-angle so the Pythagorean theorem can't be used directly, at least without throwing in some trig at the end.

Any math wiz out there this AM?

if he's 45 degrees out from the tailpipe, it would be a right triangle, making it close to 20 inches (I think 22.something).....

If its out 15 then out 45 degrees, then out another 15, then we're talking 35ish inches.....seems too far