New Rear Tire And Ready For The Road...

D

Dave.TX

The old Shinko was starting to show threads so I quit riding until I could get a new tire. Ordered a Bridgestone BT-023 and had it mounted by Cycle Gear in Austin, TX, today. Going to pick it up and before mounting the wheel on the bike going to do some cleaning down there.

A friend wants to go on a ride to the Texas coast, Port Lavaca, tomorrow. I'll try to put a few miles on it today before heading out tomorrow. The flowers are blooming, the bluebonnets are popping up everywhere. Should be a nice scenic trip. About 300-some-odd miles.

I'll need to put some new tunes on the memory card in my GPS (it plays MP3's) but that won't take long.

I'm just happy to have a new tire and new life in the FZ!

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I just replace my Stocker B'stone BT-020's for the 023's also. Now, question is what are the tire pressures on these pair (Front/rear). I usually set the front between 33-36psi, rear between 36-40psi. Is this right?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did David take care of you? He's good people, all of Austin CG is good people. :thumbup::thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

Did David take care of you? He's good people, all of Austin CG is good people. :thumbup::thumbup:

Been in there several times and yes, they always do a good job. Getting a 10% LEO discount is nice too.

Got the wheel on but need to align it. Stopped for dinner and to watch an episode of The League (love that show) on Netflix. Will take it out for a ride when I'm done.

As for pressures I'm usually around 34/37, give or take. I'm about 200 pounds. Haven't seen the Bridgestone website to see if they recommend pressures.