2012 Yamaha fz6r high idle

MartinIcon

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2012 Yamaha fz6r. It had the stock exhaust until now because previous owner i just got it from drilled holes in stock exhaust it ran fine and stuff but the sound was just not it. I purchases a Delkevic Exhaust runs fine and sounds great its just the idle is at 3k cold or hot. its not the cable there is slack. do i need a power commander or what. im told by delkevic that it doesn't but idk with the stock exhaust with the holes drilled idle was fine. idk what to do. on website it says ''No rejetting or remapping is required after fitment on a stock tned bike; however, a dyno test t is recommend after fitting replacement parts to your motorcycle''

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So first, this site/forum is dedicated to the FZ6 - your FZ6R is a totally different bike. Having said that, it is a friendly and very knowledgeable bunch (me not so much - on the knowledgeable side). When you say "it's not the cable there is slack" - are you referring to your throttle cable? Meaning - have you tried to adjust the idle? Not sure where it is on the FZ6R, but my FZ6, it's on left-side, under the gas tank/above frame, a philips/JIS adjustment screw.)

MartinIcon

Reaction score
Visit site
So first, this site/forum is dedicated to the FZ6 - your FZ6R is a totally different bike. Having said that, it is a friendly and very knowledgeable bunch (me not so much - on the knowledgeable side). When you say "it's not the cable there is slack" - are you referring to your throttle cable? Meaning - have you tried to adjust the idle? Not sure where it is on the FZ6R, but my FZ6, it's on left-side, under the gas tank/above frame, a philips/JIS adjustment screw.)
Throttle cable yes i was thinking the cable was tight and was causing that but it isnt. The idle screw is in the same spot. Phillips head with spring. yeah it only idles higher wont idle down weird.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just so I understand correctly, the bike idled fine before the fitment of the new aftermarket exhaust, but since installing the Delkevic it idles too high.

I believe that the FZ6R uses both an upstream and downstream O2 Sensors. Did the parts that you replace have one of the O2 sensors? What’s there a provision for the O2 sensor on the Delkevic? Are you showing any codes on the instrument cluster?

MartinIcon

Reaction score
Visit site
Just so I understand correctly, the bike idled fine before the fitment of the new aftermarket exhaust, but since installing the Delkevic it idles too high.

I believe that the FZ6R uses both an upstream and downstream O2 Sensors. Did the parts that you replace have one of the O2 sensors? What’s there a provision for the O2 sensor on the Delkevic? Are you showing any codes on the instrument cluster?
The stock exhaust has no o2 sensor , delkevic came with an o2 plug but when I look at stock one it has no spot for an o2 sensor nor does the schematic show one

Louis

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2012 Yamaha fz6r. It had the stock exhaust until now because previous owner i just got it from drilled holes in stock exhaust it ran fine and stuff but the sound was just not it. I purchases a Delkevic Exhaust runs fine and sounds great its just the idle is at 3k cold or hot. its not the cable there is slack. do i need a power commander or what. im told by delkevic that it doesn't but idk with the stock exhaust with the holes drilled idle was fine. idk what to do. on website it says ''No rejetting or remapping is required after fitment on a stock tned bike; however, a dyno test t is recommend after fitting replacement parts to your motorcycle''
Hi, I had experience the same problem with 2 times fuel injected 600 cc bikes with under seat exhausts . Changed the original rear silencer (piece under the seat with the one in pipe but 2 out of silencer) Both had idle higher than specs hot or cold. I was told that the aftermarket exhaust (end can) causes the lamda sensor that reads the exhaust gasses to send different info to the ICU due to a change in back pressure in the exhaust system. It kind of make sense, but I cannot confirm that it is true. Hope the info is of use!