New member...

msalannaz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all! New member here. I was browsing for FZ6 and found this forum. It seems very informative. I rode my first FZ6 last summer and was SOLD! Formerly, I was an F4I rider, but i was very uncomfortable on it for anything more than 3/4 of an hour. My friends want to TOUR and this seems to be just the ticket. Nice combo of semi comfort, power and handling. I also curently own a Suzuki DR 350, which is great for bopping around. I am NOT new to motorcycle riding, I've been riding for a long time. I was a motorcycle safety instructor and even spent some time at the drag strip (and got sick of hearing "OMG it's a GIRL!) Tee hee! Anyway, I'm hoping to learn more here and promise I won't ask stupid questions!

Msalannaz

Hey, welcome to the forum. I know the feeling on the whole it's a girl thing!!! You made a great choice with the fz6 its an incredible bike, and don't worry about the stupid questions, everyone says there are no stupid questions. And whether thats true or not, the guys on here are really nice and helpful and always have an answer or an opinion!! Make sure to check out the mod section, if your interested in touring there's some neat stuff on there ppl have done to make the fz even more comfortable.

Fox

A warm welcome to the forum.Dont matter how stupid the question you will always get a honest answer.

Dont forget to post some pics :thumbup:

welcome to the site, sounds like you made the right choice for your bike. What is WNY? Any mods done to the bike?

Ride lots and post often.

Thanks all for the nice welcome!

You asked...

welcome to the site, sounds like you made the right choice for your bike. What is WNY? Any mods done to the bike?

Ride lots and post often.

WNY is Western New York. Actually, in the hills of the southern tier. Great riding and low to virtually no traffic.

No FZ6 just yet...I looked at a new one (08) at my local dealer and they are trying to find me a red 07. I did get in a couple of rides on my Suzuki DR 350 before I left to help out my mom (with aging dad). Hopefully take delivery when I return.

Alanna

Safety note: Always ride like you are invisibile, because you ARE to 90% of the drivers

welcome to the forum Alanna! like has been stated before we will answer the questions you have.... as long as you answer the questions we have (being an instructor). did you drag race bikes or cars?

Thanks all for the nice welcome!

You asked...

WNY is Western New York. Actually, in the hills of the southern tier. Great riding and low to virtually no traffic.

No FZ6 just yet...I looked at a new one (08) at my local dealer and they are trying to find me a red 07. I did get in a couple of rides on my Suzuki DR 350 before I left to help out my mom (with aging dad). Hopefully take delivery when I return.

Alanna

Safety note: Always ride like you are invisibile, because you ARE to 90% of the drivers

Thats what i thought, i have some friends over in the elmira/binghamton area that i will most likely be visiting a couple times this summer with my wife.

Welcome to the forum! We need more FZ6 riders representing WNY. Rochester, NY here. I'm definitely looking forward to some summer rides through the southern tier. Good luck finding your bike, nice choice on the RED. Thanks for the safety note, I always assume I'm unseen, thats why I put on my aftermarket exhaust...at least if I'm not seen I'll be heard! That and they look wicked! :rockon: Haha, welcome again.

:Sport:

welcome to the forum Alanna! like has been stated before we will answer the questions you have.... as long as you answer the questions we have (being an instructor). did you drag race bikes or cars?

Actually, I raced bikes...CBR 600 F4I and snowmobiles ZRT 800, 200 hp. Raced the sled on snow mostly but did once on pavement (ski's had small wheels and flat track like a big slick), which was INSANE! Much like being SHOT out of a cannon. All the mod sleds were faster than any of the bikes. I had to change panties afterward, never again...a little too much of a rush! I was good at the lights, so I was elected. I raced for my son's bike/sled speed/machine shop. No longer though, getting too old! "something happens when you get old...you get RESPONSIBLE!"

Alanna

"Treat every car that is stopped at an intersection like it's going to pull out in front of you"

I may be an "old fart", but I'm a living, breathing one.

I will never again use the saying..."I was riding while you were in diapers" as I once was answered..."yeah, well I'll be riding when YOU are in diapers!"

were they true drag bikes or street bikes being dragged? Pics?

in case you couldn't tell me likey the drag racing :D

It was my own personal bike that (much to my objections) my son was constantly "tweeking". I think I may have a few picts on my home PC, but I am not there, I'm helping my mom with sick dad, out of state.

Alanna

Back