New here.. Mods? :)

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new here so please bear with me! I stumbled across this forum today as I was randomly searching for mods for my bike. It's an 08 FZ6 S2 with the full fairing, wind protectors and the original low windscreen - which I think gives the bike a sporty and aggressive look. Now I really need your help deciding which mods to do! What I'm looking into:
-Pipes - Considering Two Bros carbon and Leo Vince carbon. Your opinion?
-Turn signals - Clear or smoked? Where can I get some nice ones? :)
-Windscreen - I like the look of the Puig dark smoked racing screen.. What do you guys think?
Fender elim. - Again Puig looks nice. Other types I should be considering?
-Frame sliders that won't require any cutting or drilling?

If you have suggestions for other mods please share! ^^

Thanks!
-Chris

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey dude welcome, if you do a few search's you will come across every answer you ever wanted, and some you probably didnt want. Not only whwt mods but what brands were to buy, and pros and cons.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Check out the mod section and you'll find all you could possibly want to know! :D

speedfreak

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the Two Brothers carbon fiber on my bike and love the look and the sound it also came with the fender eliminator kit and new turn signals.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from all the way downunder...watch out you dont catch "Mod Fever"! as others have said, just check out the Mods section, it's like a veritable playground for those who like to "bling" & improve their bikes, with performance, safety, and aesthetic modifications.

:rockon:

Last edited:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

A few thoughts. I have Leos but if I were to do it again I'd go for the 2bros or lasers. Similar sound, better looks... though the Leos are the least expensive of the group. My Leos stick out a bit. The nakedness of the bike means that no sliders require you to cut the fairing. Uncaged Sliders for me here. If you don't want to completely change your blinkers then Clear Alternatives makes some clear covers (amber bulbs) which are nice.

When you decide to REALLY make your bike naked then we'll talk some more. :thumbup:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! As for naked vs faired I have to say I like the wind protection I get. Also I'm a tall guy so I think the naked bike would appear a little too small for my size ;p

fz6rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Leo Vince's Aluminum system on my FZ6.... I can tell you the installation was kinda fun. No real problems except for the fitment of the hanger that you attach your license plate too. Once I figured out the best way to fit the piece it turned out pretty nice....

The sound is really great and gets better as the throttle is twisted. I did contemplate putting the cat back on to see what effects it would have on the motor and sound.

I am 100% satisfied with this mod...

-David

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Again thanks for all the input! I'm really uncertain as to which set of cans I should get. After hearing your views on the matter I think i might be leaning a little more towards the Two Bros. cans.. Have to agree they look better than the Leos. Anyways I'm waiting till winter to start modifying so still a little time to decide.. :p

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new here so please bear with me! I stumbled across this forum today as I was randomly searching for mods for my bike. It's an 08 FZ6 S2 with the full fairing, wind protectors and the original low windscreen - which I think gives the bike a sporty and aggressive look. Now I really need your help deciding which mods to do! What I'm looking into:
-Pipes - Considering Two Bros carbon and Leo Vince carbon. Your opinion?
-Turn signals - Clear or smoked? Where can I get some nice ones? :)
-Windscreen - I like the look of the Puig dark smoked racing screen.. What do you guys think?
Fender elim. - Again Puig looks nice. Other types I should be considering?
-Frame sliders that won't require any cutting or drilling?

If you have suggestions for other mods please share! ^^

Thanks!
-Chris

Welcome Chris, always nice to have a new member to the forum! as for the stuff your looking at, here's my two cents:

Pipes: Get the two bros. carbons....they look sick, sound sick, and through the admin on this fine forum here you can get them for $750 canadian, roughly $700.00 U.S. depending on the exchange rate that day. Just go into the vendors/ group purchase section of the forum to learn more.

Turn signals: The best option is naturally the most expensive, but the Watsen designs LED signals are awesome! Super bright, flush mount, can be seen from the front and sides (unlike other flushmounts), cnc'd machined aluminum, NOT PLASTIC! Also everything, including the LED's is guaranteed for life so no worries about them burning out or anything. These run about $150 shipped, however there is a group purchase being set up right now that should allow us to get them for about $100. Myself and many other members are signed up for this, and you can learn more in that same Vendors/Group purchases area of the forum.

Windscreen: Being 6'2" I know what you mean about being tall. Myself personally, I like the look of the stock screen as I feel the puig makes it look more like a touring bike and less like a sportbike (nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea). I didn't like the fact that it was plain-jane clear though, so I painted mine. If you want pics of how it turned out and all, PM me and I can give you more on this.

Fender Eliminator: nothing better than the free kind, which is exactly what you get if you decide to get the Two Bros exhaust. I think its a really sweet bonus it comes with a free fender eliminator because these run about $100 from what I've seen. To that end, since I like the look of the two bros one and I'm ordering a set of pipes I haven't looked at many others, but I know competition werks makes a pretty sick looking one though (again for about $120).

Frame Sliders: Should be your first investment, just ask Lattin25 lol. I get to mess with him since he's my friend and all, but he had a deer jump out in front of him and had to lay it down....needless to say not pretty. We all just thank God he came out of it ok. As for which kind, I just ordered a set of motovation sliders at the recommendation of the majority of the members here on the forum Motovation Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider and Accessories not too pricey at $80, and if you lay it down you can buy replacement slider pucks for about half that. Also heard good things about Uncaged and T-Rex sliders, but since Uncaged went out of business they'll be tough to find. I'd recommend getting the motovation ones and they have been (unfortunantly) crash tested by members of the forum and seem to hold up quite well. Almost forgot to mention that the motovation kit is a no-cut slider kit, which means you just replace the engine mount bolt with the new bolt for the slider and off you go!

Hope that covers all the bases :steve:

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks yr87! Really appreciate your lengthy answer! You covered everything I wanted to know and then some! I'm now 99% certain that I'll be ordering a set of two bros. :)

When it comes to the Puig screen I feel the same way you do. They should have made it a little lower... Oh well, gotta be some way to make the stock one look cool. A pm is on it's way :p

As the full fairing covers the engine mount bolt I'll have to do some cutting to install sliders. Don't really like the thought of doing that :p I'll consider looking into it later on. Might be possible to make it look clean with the right tools.

Thanks again!
-Chris

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are no mods available for the FZ6. :rolleyes: j/k

As Wolfman said if you catch "mod-fever" you can end up in the poorhouse.

The line from Road Warrior, "Speed (mods) are a matter of money, how fast do you want to go?"

Try these seaches:
Puig
Rizoma
Mirrors
R6 Fork
Windscreen
Brakelines
Galfer
exhaust
power commander
PCIII
sliders
crash bungs
turn signals
FE Kit
Saddle
Seat
Corbin
Pazzo
Dual Headlight
HID
Horns
Fiamm

And I'm sure there are many, many others. Also just review the Mods section, there is so much information here.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks yr87! Really appreciate your lengthy answer! You covered everything I wanted to know and then some! I'm now 99% certain that I'll be ordering a set of two bros. :)

When it comes to the Puig screen I feel the same way you do. They should have made it a little lower... Oh well, gotta be some way to make the stock one look cool. A pm is on it's way :p

As the full fairing covers the engine mount bolt I'll have to do some cutting to install sliders. Don't really like the thought of doing that :p I'll consider looking into it later on. Might be possible to make it look clean with the right tools.

Thanks again!
-Chris

If you do end up having to do any cutting i've heard from buddies w/ full fairing race bikes that a dremel with a brand new cutting wheel and a steady hand can work wonders for keeping your bike looking factory crisp while allowing you to have the hole needed for the sliders

Pe' de Salsa

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a bit new here too, but I was looking at Delkevic for pipes - says they are coming out soon and only $144 a pipe!! when you double that it ends up being the same price as a single from any other manufacturer. sounds pretty good (friend has it on his SV650) but does anyone know if there are other brands selling for such a good price?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a bit new here too, but I was looking at Delkevic for pipes - says they are coming out soon and only $144 a pipe!! when you double that it ends up being the same price as a single from any other manufacturer. sounds pretty good (friend has it on his SV650) but does anyone know if there are other brands selling for such a good price?
Don't hold your breath for the pipes.

We were waiting for months for these for the XJR1300. They kept telling us "They are coming soon......". We gave up and bought a Beowulf :D

Check Beowulf out - they are quite reasonable. Based in the UK. Quality is excellent and they sound great. Also have a lifetime guarantee.