New guy, not so new bike

Mikemo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. I though I'd jump in an introduce myself. I'm a long time "casual" street rider but I've been without a bike since I sold my SV650 about 2 years ago. Well, the bug bit me again and I just picked up my latest bike, a 2005 FZ6. She's in great shape for her age. Can't wait to get the tag and title on Friday so I can take her out for a nice ride. Here's a picture of her after unloading from the back of the truck. Hope to be an active and useful member of the forums.

20160404_194711_zpszveaeiy9.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our awesome family! Your new ride looks like it was taken care of and the FZ6 is a great reliable bike to begin with! Make sure you gear up for protection and allow time to make friends with your new steed! :)

Mikemo

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome guys.

The bike is in great shape with 18k miles on the odometer. It has a few cosmetic things, but it is obvious that it has always been garaged. I wasn't looking for perfect, but at the price I paid I am very happy.

I sold my SV650 because riding around the Tampa area just wasn't pleasurable for me any more. Most of the time I would just ride the bike to work, which involved rush-hour(s) traffic in both directions, a round trip of 38 miles with 80 traffic lights (yes, I counted them). Every road is flat and straight.

After two years without a bike, I really started to miss being able to ride. I decided to try something different. I'm going to try riding on the track. Jennings GP track is a 3.5 hour drive from here, but I'm excited to get off the roads and maybe become a better rider with track practice. I know the FZ6 is not a "track bike", but I'm sure that it will be a while before my riding skills exceed what the bike is capable of doing.

I've only ridden the bike up and down the street in front of the seller's house, so I don't have any real impression on how it rides except that the engine and transmission seem fine. It is noticeably heavier than the SV650, and the controls seem more sensitive. The front brakes, clutch and throttle seem "touchy" compared to the SV650. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

My other toys are a 2008 Honda S2000, which is "the car that I've always wanted". It gets driven occasionally and spends most of its time safely in the garage. The other car, a project that I've been working on (and off) for 5 years, is a 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged. I bought it as a project and have done all the work myself (except for installing the windshield). It's about 85% done and has been a real challenge, but I am looking forward to someday finishing it. Here's a pic in the process of reinstalling the engine after a rebuild/repair.

DSCN0537_zpsjtu4theh.jpg

s2000-crop_zps01d37540.jpg

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to this great forum and motorcycle. I am sure you will love your FZ6. I have an 07 and still love riding her!!!!!!!! Enjoy and ride safe!!