Legal/Title Question

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but I suspected it might come to that...

You may want to talk to the dealer first (before the lawyer) and see if he'll re-imburse you for everything (and save the lawyer fee's...). Worth a shot and sounds good in court if it gets that far..

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, what a horror story.

Geesh, I read/researched to not walk away from an unclear title vehicle but RUN away! But, now I learn that, at least some states) it's still possible to work around it? Geeesh.

Anyway, during my recent search for a vehicle, I ran across a few people trying to sell w/o clear title, saying that "we" could go to a bank or somewhere to satisfy the loan and----"TWO WEEKS LATER"---I would receive a title. I suppose this happens quite a bit with people who still owe but, personally, NO THANK YOU...especially with out of state transactions.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Down here, especially with leins on titles, their using electronic titles, ie, no paper title unless you pay a little extra for one.

I don't any $ on any vehicles and have always had a clear, PAPER title locked up in my safe for all my vehicles.

They were (don't know if it still applies), here in Forida, were charging a couple hundred bucks EXTRA, just to register and out of state title and transfer to a Florida title. I think that went away but aren't positive.

Our titles don't even have to be notorized down here when transferring over. When I was still working as PO, I worked several cases where a vehicle had transferred ownership illegally, what a mess....

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
Eh. I've been to the dealer and have politely tried to work with them and have been more then patient. My attorney is drafting a letter of demands or something. She'll handle it. Bill of sale says they would provide tag and tittle and registration within 30 days of sale and is a legally binding contract. Ill keep updating as things happen.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the meantime Ive been perusing craiglist. Have not seen any FZ6s that measure up to Oprah but Ive seen some worthy candidates. Care to weigh in?

2007 suzuki gsxr 750

2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000 1070cc Motor Dragbike

2004 Honda Hornet 919

YAMAHA FZ1 2008

Sorry about your situation but glad your taking action..

I'm a Yamaha guy so I'd be looking at the FZ1. A more upright position, like the FZ6 too. Looks look a good price, kinda cheap actually, but the ad doesn't show much and not many pic's.

That drag bike, (IMO) is damn ugly and a stright line bike ONLY.. The others are definitly more "lay down style"...

Last edited:

nuud

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the fz series of sport touring bikes but might be looking to tap into different markets of bikes. The 750 is damn sexy. After having two FZs I feel like getting a third even the 1000 would be like saying I only do blondes or something.