So my friend got an Italian superbike on friday

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
One of these beauties.

attachment.php

Bought it off of craigslist - impulse buy, only 3600 miles on it and in great shape, for a price you can't really turn down. He's riding it home Friday evening when a torrential downpour hits him, he stops and a guy is nice enough to let him leave it in the driveway over night. I went and picked him up, took a tarp and covered up the bike.

He was busy on Saturday, and as nice as the guy we left it with was, that's a lot of temptation, so early Saturday morning (6am) I went and picked it up for him.

Bike was fine, started right up, tires looked pretty worn, which bothered me since the bike is 13 years old and only had 3600 miles on it. Made it home just fine (taking it easy on those tires), get off the bike and decided to check the date codes. 09-00 on the rear, 11-00 on the front. that's 13 year old rubber.

Anyway, enough about the rubber. This thing is awesome. 137hp @10,000rpm, 60* 1000cc V-Twin. Twin Arrow exhaust and it sounds like an airplane. So much power, especially down low - an easy roll on on the highway in 6th @ 60mph and I was going 85 in no time, no downshift needed. The suspension and brakes - Ohlins and Brembo - beautiful and amazing, I didn't realize how responsive a bike can feel. And it fits me like a glove.

When I got off of that bike, you could see my smile through the chinbar of my helmet. That is pure bliss. :D

tl;dr - my a$$hole friend let me ride his beautiful Italian liter bike and now my FZ isn't good enough anymore.

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
This is why I'm scared to ride a fancier bike than the fz6. Don't have the cash for the upgrade and I would never be happy with what I have again...

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
One of these beauties.

attachment.php

Bought it off of craigslist - impulse buy, only 3600 miles on it and in great shape, for a price you can't really turn down. He's riding it home Friday evening when a torrential downpour hits him, he stops and a guy is nice enough to let him leave it in the driveway over night. I went and picked him up, took a tarp and covered up the bike.

He was busy on Saturday, and as nice as the guy we left it with was, that's a lot of temptation, so early Saturday morning (6am) I went and picked it up for him.

Bike was fine, started right up, tires looked pretty worn, which bothered me since the bike is 13 years old and only had 3600 miles on it. Made it home just fine (taking it easy on those tires), get off the bike and decided to check the date codes. 09-00 on the rear, 11-00 on the front. that's 13 year old rubber.

Anyway, enough about the rubber. This thing is awesome. 137hp @10,000rpm, 60* 1000cc V-Twin. Twin Arrow exhaust and it sounds like an airplane. So much power, especially down low - an easy roll on on the highway in 6th @ 60mph and I was going 85 in no time, no downshift needed. The suspension and brakes - Ohlins and Brembo - beautiful and amazing, I didn't realize how responsive a bike can feel. And it fits me like a glove.

When I got off of that bike, you could see my smile through the chinbar of my helmet. That is pure bliss. :D

tl;dr - my a$$hole friend let me ride his beautiful Italian liter bike and now my FZ isn't good enough anymore.
I have the original exhaust can for this if you're interested. New. 30.00 + shipping