Votes: 30 16.4%
  • I still the the FZ6 better!

Votes: 153 83.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think? IMO, I don't like the new fz6r, too much body work, half gallon less in the tank, weighs more a little more, looks like a damn gsxr, and doesn't seem to have the same features as the fz6 like adjustable preload on rear shock, or 4 piston calipers up front. Oh and no UNDERTAIL EXHAUST!! What the hell is that about!!

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Specifications+Comparison

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I would get the YZF R6 and put FZ handle bars on it.

The yellow looks sweeeet though!!!!

09MS_FZ6R_yel_S2_075ca5e7.jpg

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I voted for the FZ6R for three reasons:

1) I wanted to tie-up the poll

2) Although the FZ6R is impeccably faired over the FZ6; it seems to have been cast-out into the cold, like a bastard waif, by the uncaring YAMAHA fans.

3) YAMAHA is mocking the GSXR series by doing this. It's kinda funny if you think about it, I mean, taking SUZUKI'S iconic design and having it made into YAMAHA's SLOWEST Production Sportbike!!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh dear...I just realized something...

You guys? We'd better stop bashing the FZ6R, because some people are probably going to buy it in the future! Where will they go? This FZ6-FORUM is going to be their only home! What if they see these comments we're making about their beloved machines?? They'll be treated like outcasts! Misfits! They'll be like creeps trying to get into the house by tapping on the window!! Like those horrible vampires in that movie, "Salem's Lot."

Last edited:

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
The FZ6R also does not have the aluminum die cast controlled fill frame it has a tubular frame (CHEAPER), and a smaller back tire 160 i believe.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry guys and gals, but i love the naked fz. If i was to pick a fairinged, one i would go for the fz6r. Looks more sports like.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
I think it's almost nice, but not quite.

I like the exhaust out the way, hate the full fairing. The specs are disgusting, really, they should have done better.

This bike is NOT a sports bike, it is a tourer, making it into a "soft" sports bike is giving away what we love about the bike.

As to the tubular frame ... *spit*

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's almost nice, but not quite.

I like the exhaust out the way, hate the full fairing. The specs are disgusting, really, they should have done better.

This bike is NOT a sports bike, it is a tourer, making it into a \"soft\" sports bike is giving away what we love about the bike.

As to the tubular frame ... *spit*

please done take this thr wrong way, but how can this bike be a tourer? th fz6r looks like it would break if it had to do more than 500 miles. I wish they would have given that option to the fz6. even a factory mod for the r6s forks and brakes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not voting for either as they both have their targeted market, the FZ6 is a more touring style super sport which has it's own niche where as the FZ6R is oogoing to replace the YZF600R that has been unchanged from 97-07 and has a very strong market for a predictable sportbike that, although heavy, is a very capable bike and targets the rider that wants a sport bike, without the racing breed.

The smaller back tire is not a bad thing, it is just means that Yamaha decided to have it turn in quicker and the bikes geometry didn't call for a wide tire. The YZF also had a 160 tire BTW as well as the direct competitor for the YZF (the SV650) also has a 160 rear tire.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
The specs are disappointing as compared to the proper FZ6.

At first, I loved the styling (and I still think the front, upper fairing with the single headlight and air scoops looks sweet), but a few people mentioned how front heavy it is visually and now that's all I see.

I've taken to calling it The Bison...

09MS_FZ6R_blu_S3_a4f817ff.jpg

Bison_ownby380.jpg

Elm, your right... Future friends of ours will be "riding the bison" soon. We must go easy on it.

I guess I just don't know what makes it an FZ6R. :don'tknow:

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Change is good, but choices are better. It's how products evolve. I may not like everything about the FZ6r right off the bat but it's a step in the right direction from a business standpoint. Plus it's the first model. Yamaha is going to listen to the reaction they get from the customer base and improve the next model. Hopefully that means under-seat exhaust by the time I'm ready to buy one :D

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am not voting for either as they both have their targeted market, the FZ6 is a more touring style super sport which has it's own niche where as the FZ6R is oogoing to replace the YZF600R that has been unchanged from 97-07 and has a very strong market for a predictable sportbike that, although heavy, is a very capable bike and targets the rider that wants a sport bike, without the racing breed.

The smaller back tire is not a bad thing, it is just means that Yamaha decided to have it turn in quicker and the bikes geometry didn't call for a wide tire. The YZF also had a 160 tire BTW as well as the direct competitor for the YZF (the SV650) also has a 160 rear tire.

Exactly.... FZ6 owners should not get bent out of shape... It's not meant for us, it's a new model targeted at new riders. Right now, it's the old guys (baby boomers) keeping the motorcycle market alive... When we stop buying bikes the market will drop dramatically. Yamaha is thinking (like the other big three) long term. We (they) need to get new riders into the market. The New FZ6R is marketed to them.... Not us. Lets look on the bright side... The FZ6 might be up for significant changes for 2010....:thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly.... FZ6 owners should not get bent out of shape... It's not meant for us, it's a new model targeted at new riders. Right now, it's the old guys (baby boomers) keeping the motorcycle market alive... When we stop buying bikes the market will drop dramatically. Yamaha is thinking (like the other big three) long term. We (they) need to get new riders into the market. The New FZ6R is marketed to them.... Not us. Lets look on the bright side... The FZ6 might be up for significant changes for 2010....:thumbup:

I agree with some of what you say, but I feel people will always be buying bikes of any age because of its own appeal. BTW...thanks for reminding me of how old I am.:shakehead::justkidding:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bison or not, here is the bike that i think it is meant to replace.

06YFZ600R.jpg

Notice the "heavy" looking front end and single headlight, and the under body exhaust is much better than the cannon on that bike.

09MS_FZ6R_blu_S3_a4f817ff.jpg

And the Diversion looks much more like it than the US FZ6R.

2009-XJ6S-static-01_prv_tcm46-265481.jpg

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I think that the FZ6R is a fine bike. Would I have one? Nah. Like CanadianFZ6 said, it's not for everyone. It would be a great 'sporty' looking bike at a decent price. I'm willing to (almost) bet that this bike will probably sell like hot-cakes. Had I never seen the FZ6, I might have considered the FZ6R based on both specs and price.

I will have to agree with teeter, it does look rather bison-ish. Almost like it has some muscle. :D

X

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the FZ6R is a fine bike. Would I have one? Nah. Like CanadianFZ6 said, it's not for everyone. It would be a great 'sporty' looking bike at a decent price. I'm willing to (almost) bet that this bike will probably sell like hot-cakes. Had I never seen the FZ6, I might have considered the FZ6R based on both specs and price.

I will have to agree with teeter, it does look rather bison-ish. Almost like it has some muscle. :D

X

I agree with this. Given the choice between the two, I would have to go with the new FZ6R. The FZ6 is not a good bike for me, for various reasons, but if the new one is anything like the old YZF600, then I think I would like it better. If I were a beginner wanting a 600cc bike, I know I would prefer one that I could adjust the seat height so that I could get my feet firmly on the pavement at a stop, and the adjustable handlebars would be great for longer rides.

No, the bike isn't for everyone, but not every bike is for everyone, and if you liked every motorcycle that ever came out, then the companies wouldn't be doing their job of offering a variety of bikes to appeal to a variety of riders.

This forum is not the best decider of whether this is a "good" bike or not, either, as you all have the same bike and thus have the same ideas of what you want in a bike. The only thing that is going to decide if this bike stays on the market is how well it sells and reviews in the next couple years from people who did want what it offers.

lordplayer

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at Yamaha's 2009 FZ6 Gallery page I notice that not only has Deep Blue replaced Cobalt Blue, but the seat is completely different. It looks to have more contours and I reckon is a little bit "easier on the manhood". Those bumps in the road are definitely not helping me prepare for a future with lots of children.