new FZ6 owner

jeeveseatcracker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I just picked up a blue 2006 fz6. I've joined this forum, and I'm posting this thread, so obviously I love it. I learned how to ride on my gramps' honda pacific coast 800 (heavy, slow, but comfy! I took some long trips on it), but after a lucrative treeplanting season over the sumer I decided to get something a bit...more my age - VOILA! The FZ6 fits the bill.

Is it true that the blue ones are faster??
Also, I'm 5'6'' and have short legs - does anyone know about lowering the seat height?
aaand does anyone know how I can get my hands on an owners/service manual without paying for one...?

thanks !

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I just picked up a blue 2006 fz6. I've joined this forum, and I'm posting this thread, so obviously I love it. I learned how to ride on my gramps' honda pacific coast 800 (heavy, slow, but comfy! I took some long trips on it), but after a lucrative treeplanting season over the sumer I decided to get something a bit...more my age - VOILA! The FZ6 fits the bill.

Is it true that the blue ones are faster??
Also, I'm 5'6'' and have short legs - does anyone know about lowering the seat height?
aaand does anyone know how I can get my hands on an owners/service manual without paying for one...?

thanks !

Welcome aboard! Glad you're liking your Fizzer.

In answer to your question, yes, the blue ones are faster than almost all of them. Only the Red one is faster than the Blue. :rockon:

I am also 5' 6", but have not had the seat lowered. Guess I'm just use to it the way it is. I did get a Corbin seat, but that didn't lower the height any.

Try this link for Owner & Service manuals.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/320-2004-through-2007-manuals-download-here.html

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
They all run the same speed no matter whether it is blue, red, black or whatever color they are all designed the same. It depends on the rider.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a Yamaha lower seat available in certain parts of Europe (Germany for sure). SteveinDenmark bought it. He has the part number - just search for it. It is 3cm lower. There are some other lowering kits.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:Welcome to the forum and the FZ6:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Good people and lots of info!:D

See ya around!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrats on becoming an Fizzer Owner! :steve: