new bike

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everyone here for everything, the info, the free parts, good advice, and of couse, comedy.

i'll still troll around at times but lately i've been itching to move on and thanks to a fat check from the insurance, I did.

R1 2007 - found a bargain with low miles

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

after 128 miles of test driving :Sport:
P1010008.jpg

it would have been nicer with factory turn signals considering the city i live in but i'm not complaining

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Write up a comparison! Initial thoughts, etc. I'd be interested to see what you think of going from the FZ to the R1 in different situations such as commuting, sport riding, touring/trips, or whatever. Maybe differences in what your comfortable riding distance is now? Just curious because I hear mixed things from people who have only ridden one bike or another bike.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have sat on some of the 04-06 R1's and i actually found them to be very comfortable, surprisingly enough. It would be good to hear of how they actually ride though.:Sport:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone :Sport: my fz6 and I were tag team partners...we rode hard, long, fast, or however we wanted. I really got the feel of it if you know what I mean :rockon: The R1...well...like the ads say, "R is for respect"...that goes for the rider too! :eek:

So far, biggest thing is the riding position...not as bad as my friends R1, but you're in a very aggressive position...same as what you're doing in a fz6 if you're racing :) all the liter bike riders (good canyon carvers) that I know are warning me to be careful on it...and when i hit a bump in the road i'm reminded of its torque :Flash:

prelim comparo note, other than position- i can be in any gear and i'm fine...at any rpm :eek: ;)
previous owner did the gears, 01 front +2 rear...on my fz6 i used to skip a gear while shifting...if it wasn't such a hassle, i'd skip 2 gears on this thing every time! (go from 1st to 4th, or 2nd to 5th).

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I ride a r1 also, not as new as yours but a 98. The 07 was a topend motor. The 98 I have was a torque motor. It has been modified in alot of different ways. But I will tell you on the twisties out of experience That I have scared the holy living bejesus out of myself. The backend wants to pass you sometimes because of the tire slipping. Also get ready to go through rear tires all the time. But once you learn how to use the power, you will be a addict for liter power. I am a torque junkie, And the only japenese bike that competes with the 98-01 r1's in lowend torque is the new zx10. Be safe and wear your gear.:thumbup:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
first and last mods

I decided to reduce some weight and aerodynamic drag...:rockon:

test007.jpg

test008.jpg

test006.jpg

test009.jpg

The last owner already did more mods than is ok for the city I live in so that's about it til I get a fix it ticket or crash it.
:squid: ...I mean... :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everyone here for everything, the info, the free parts, good advice, and of couse, comedy.

i'll still troll around at times but lately i've been itching to move on and thanks to a fat check from the insurance, I did.

R1 2007 - found a bargain with low miles

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

after 128 miles of test driving :Sport:
P1010008.jpg

it would have been nicer with factory turn signals considering the city i live in but i'm not complaining
Good luck with this one mate, glad you got the insurance sorted.

Nelly