New bike!!! Another '08 Yamaha in the stable!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today my wife and I went on a trip to Southern NH to go to the SNHU campus to pick up her book for her next class. After this, I told her, why don't we go to Freedom Cycle to get your bike inspected? She says sure! Off we go.... I had another plan! I've been trying to get her on a new bike for some time. She had the 2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40 which was a great starter bike for her. But, the bike was driving me crazy! Not a fan of the thumpers! We get there and I start in with my salesman and the two of us start working on changing her mind. Worked like a charm! So she went from this:
View attachment 4723

To THIS 2008 Yamaha V-Star Custom (She got the Raven with flames)!!!
View attachment 4724

Sweet! We also got the back rest. The cargo rack is on order and she got a large cruiser tail bag to go with it. Nice setup! I moved her Spitfire windscreen from the S40 to the new V-Star Custom and after the service guy went over the bike with her, we were on our way! She doesn't understand why she was so reluctant to move on from the S40. This new Yamaha is a dream ride comparitively speaking. v-twin 650 with shaft drive. Typically she's complaining about the seat 35 minutes into a ride. With this one, she went 78 miles non-stop with zero complaints! She's in love with it and I'm so relieved to have her on a quality machine! We got it for $3300 after trade (We owned the S40 outright). We spent another $550 on accessories.

Whew! Thanks for bearing with me through this message. I think I'm more excited for her than she is about the bike! :D I'll get some pics when it's out tomorrow!

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a nice move in bike and a good idea to get all the touring accessories at the same time.

Im sure she will love it.

Steve

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She'd really like to have a sportbike but all the ones she likes will not fit her little frame and are all too top-heavy. This one fits her just right!

Thanks Steve!

W

wrightme43

ROCK ON!!!

Congratulations to you both. It must be really nice to be able to ride together. That is very cool.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is really a treat to have a wife that loves to ride. there have been times when I come home and she's already geared up and itching to go out on a tour. I suspect that with this bike, she'll be more apt to go more often.

BTW, she also likes college hockey, football, baseball, NASCAR (We're at the Cup race on our anniversary, the 29th, this month), and she does all the yardwork because she LIKES to! Guys, you don't find these girls easily!

I'll get some pics of it today and post some real shots!

BH17

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!! That custom looks like a nice smooth ride. Well done, she will enjoy it alot.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today my wife and I went on a trip to Southern NH to go to the SNHU campus to pick up her book for her next class. After this, I told her, why don't we go to Freedom Cycle to get your bike inspected? She says sure! Off we go.... I had another plan! I've been trying to get her on a new bike for some time. She had the 2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40 which was a great starter bike for her. But, the bike was driving me crazy! Not a fan of the thumpers! We get there and I start in with my salesman and the two of us start working on changing her mind. Worked like a charm! So she went from this:
View attachment 4723

To THIS 2008 Yamaha V-Star Custom (She got the Raven with flames)!!!
View attachment 4724

Sweet! We also got the back rest. The cargo rack is on order and she got a large cruiser tail bag to go with it. Nice setup! I moved her Spitfire windscreen from the S40 to the new V-Star Custom and after the service guy went over the bike with her, we were on our way! She doesn't understand why she was so reluctant to move on from the S40. This new Yamaha is a dream ride comparitively speaking. v-twin 650 with shaft drive. Typically she's complaining about the seat 35 minutes into a ride. With this one, she went 78 miles non-stop with zero complaints! She's in love with it and I'm so relieved to have her on a quality machine! We got it for $3300 after trade (We owned the S40 outright). We spent another $550 on accessories.

Whew! Thanks for bearing with me through this message. I think I'm more excited for her than she is about the bike! :D I'll get some pics when it's out tomorrow!
Nice one,
In a years time you can do the same trick and get the 2009 FZ6.

Nelly

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one,
In a years time you can do the same trick and get the 2009 FZ6.

Nelly

:D I think after getting the '05 then selling and getting the '08, I'm done for a while! She'd kill me if I said I wanted to upgrade again! :eek:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It is really a treat to have a wife that loves to ride. there have been times when I come home and she's already geared up and itching to go out on a tour. I suspect that with this bike, she'll be more apt to go more often.

BTW, she also likes college hockey, football, baseball, NASCAR (We're at the Cup race on our anniversary, the 29th, this month), and she does all the yardwork because she LIKES to! Guys, you don't find these girls easily!

I'll get some pics of it today and post some real shots!

Does she have any sisters? Congrats on the new bike, I was just checking out the bike myself a few weeks ago while I was in the Yamaha dealership getting my new tires put on.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm jealous. Maybe your wifey can hold a seminar and we'll pay you so those of us with wifes not as cool can learn from her :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does she have any sisters? Congrats on the new bike, I was just checking out the bike myself a few weeks ago while I was in the Yamaha dealership getting my new tires put on.

She does have a sister but Sis is nothing like her at all. ;)

She was itching to ride yesterday and the weather was crap. At 9:00pm, I'm cleaning up the garage after working on some "Dad" projects and she comes out... "Let's go for a ride!" So, we gear up and at 9:10, pull out and go about 55 miles through 5 of the surrounding towns and back home at just shy of 11PM. :D She did very well on the new bike!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm jealous. Maybe your wifey can hold a seminar and we'll pay you so those of us with wifes not as cool can learn from her :D

:thumbup: I'll have to tell her this one! How many wives would "actually" change though? :rolleyes:

It will be 22 years together in Oct. Two fights... that's it. How? Humor and agree to disagree.

The only problem is, I don't know what "make up sex" is?!?! :rof:

MotoMom

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats to your wife on the new bike. It looks awesome.

And yes, there are some of us :cheer: that are cool :rockon: :D and do other stuff than shopping... !
(although, I'll hire someone to do the gardening anytime !)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VERY NICE Upgrade!!!

Jeeze, Freedom should send me a thank you card or something... I am glad you guys like my Dealership so much!

Can;t wait to head out with you two again and see the new ride!!!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratz on the new bike :) It sounds as though she is already enjoying it very much. What a good hubby you are, :cheer:like my husband, last year he convinced me to buy the FZ6, got rid of the ZX6 it was just too much bike for me.