New around here

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
Some of you may have already seen my presentation post on the Main Lobby (http://www.600riders.com/forum/main-lobby-new-member-section/249-new-member-welcome-thread-168.html#post454889), but since there's an aussie community I thought I'll introduce myself here as well.
My name is Jorge and I live in Sydney and as of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 2006 FZ6!
I bought the bike from another forum member (don't know the nickname, only that he is a member) and it even has personalized plates (FAZ06)!
It's a 2006 S model with 30K.
Mods already done:
- Two Bros stainless pipes
- Power Commander III USB (tuned by S&R Dyno)
- FZ1 handlebars
- Tail tidy with LED plate lights
- Clear indicators and rear light
- Powerbronze full fairing

That's what has already been done to it.

So far I'm loving the bike, although I find the braking is not as strong as I'd hope.
I have just replaced the pads with SBC sintered ones so we'll see if that makes and improvement (the new pads were part of the package, the previous owner never got around to put them on).
I have already ordered shorty cnc adjustable levers (had them on the Z750 and loved them) and I'm looking at maybe do an SV02 naked conversion and replacing the whole front end with a 2004 R6 (got quoted $750 for forks, calipers and axle at a wreckers, is that a good price?) but that is if I can find the shims and plates to do the conversion as I think no one does them anymore...
I would also be adding braided lines (pending on the R6 fork mod).
Also looking at replacing the swingarm for a 2007 one ($200) and maybe getting some new Michelin Pilot Road 2's for it.

So that's it in a nutshell.
I'll be sticking around learning as I go and hopefully seeing some of you on the road!

BTW, any Sydney riders know of any place around town that would fit tyres? I was thinking about getting them shipped from the USA and them having them fitted here (wish I had a proper shed and the tools to do it myself).

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the best forum out there. Also the best motorcycle too! Thanks for the pictures. Ride safe and enjoy the ride! :rockon:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day mate,welcome & enjoy the forum :thumbup:

Any bikeshop should do your tyres,but be prepared to pay topdollar because you didnt buy the hoops from them :(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I haven't looked into it myself, but I'd expect with shipping even the tyre prices in the USA won't be that different from here.
I think it can be anything from 35-50$ to have them fitted and balanced from when I was asking around a while back.
Its 'free' if you buy from the dealer, but you pay for them one way or another.

There have been some good deals going lately so if you look around you might see a goodish price.

If the brakes aren't good maybe also consider bleeding them and replacing or at least freshening the fluid. If you get those braided lines it may be a good time :p

Where in Sydney are you BTW? I use Northside Motorcycles (near where I live) and have gotten my last two bikes at TeamMoto (Yamaha) at Blacktown. The service at Northsides I find particularly good, its a rare day that someone doesn't ask if you need anything soon after you walk in the door.

Welcome to the forums!

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day mate,welcome & enjoy the forum :thumbup:

Any bikeshop should do your tyres,but be prepared to pay topdollar because you didnt buy the hoops from them :(

As for bike shops,try sydneycity motorcycles.They've got three locations and they regularly have good specials.I use the one at campbelltown ;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:From San Diego California! Great forum with the best members here! Enjoy!

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, I haven't looked into it myself, but I'd expect with shipping even the tyre prices in the USA won't be that different from here.
I think it can be anything from 35-50$ to have them fitted and balanced from when I was asking around a while back.
I can get a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2 for just over $250 shipped, but if they are going to charge me almost $100 for fitting then it's definitely not worth the hassle.

Where in Sydney are you BTW? I use Northside Motorcycles (near where I live) and have gotten my last two bikes at TeamMoto (Yamaha) at Blacktown. The service at Northsides I find particularly good, its a rare day that someone doesn't ask if you need anything soon after you walk in the door.

Welcome to the forums!

I'm in the Eastern Suburbs (Clovelly/Randwick) so will try something closer but thanks for the advice.
I may try Sydney Motorcycle Wreckers, I have heard good things about them and they are pretty close to me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Its 'free' if you buy from the dealer, but you pay for them one way or another.

There have been some good deals going lately so if you look around you might see a goodish price.

If the brakes aren't good maybe also consider bleeding them and replacing or at least freshening the fluid. If you get those braided lines it may be a good time :p

Welcome to the forums!

$85 for one tire, mount and balance- that bastage will never get another cent from me again :spank:

OP Welcome to the best forum on the web! Truly a great community here, even though I've got a different bike 9 time out of ten i'll post here rather than the Versys forum anyways b/c of the people :thumbup:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Try and find a good local shop that isn't a dealer, they tend to be pretty fair on the prices even if you don't buy the tyre there. They figure if they earn your business with a good price on a tire mount&balance, even if they don't make much cash they still earned a customer who will come back again and again... That's the way business should be done :thumbup:

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Try and find a good local shop that isn't a dealer, they tend to be pretty fair on the prices even if you don't buy the tyre there. They figure if they earn your business with a good price on a tire mount&balance, even if they don't make much cash they still earned a customer who will come back again and again... That's the way business should be done :thumbup:

Followed your advice and called Beaconsfield Motorcycle Supermarket. %40 to change both tyres if I bring just the wheels or $80 if I bring the whole bike (that includes disposing of the old tyres which is $5 each) so not a bad deal!

Looking at getting Michelin's Pilot Power 2CT for $300 shipped and then get the wheels to them to get them fitted for $50 while I do the forks/brakes mods...

List of mods already ordered:
- VS-2 black Naked kit
- eBay cnc adjustable levers
- Goodridge braided front and back lines ("race style" front).
- Reflective white rim stickers

Getting quotes/prices:
- 2003 R6 forks/brakes/axle/shim kit
- FZ6 S2 swingarm
- Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tyres

Can't wait for things to start arriving and start with the mods!

I haven't ridden the bike much yet as I'm spending some quality time wthe the wife while I'm on holidays, but looking at getting down the Royal National Park this week or maybe even up the Putty...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try Bikebiz in Paramatta. We bought Pirellis recently online - great price and service. Highly recommended. Only cost us $25 per tyre to get installed in Perth - fluke :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
Try Bikebiz in Paramatta. We bought Pirellis recently online - great price and service. Highly recommended. Only cost us $25 per tyre to get installed in Perth - fluke :)

I've looked around the "big name" shops (Bikebiz, Action, SCMC) and they all have some good deals but not as good as what I can get online from the states (including the fitment done here).
The Pirelli Diablo's at Bikebiz for $350 look good but I think that's a superseded model (so the tyres may have been sitting in the warehouse for a while).

Hold on!
I've just realized MCAS has the Michelin Pilot Power for $390 fitted! ohh.. but they are not 2CT (dual compound ones)... not interested then.
The search continues!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Be wary of ordering from the US. We did as the deal was amazing.
Once we paid they wanted an additional $250 as they didn't realise we were in Aus, even though we emailed and got a quote from them.
Luckily we managed to get our money back.

BTW, we ordered Diablios from Bikebiz - new tyres - they aren't actually old stock. Not discontinued at all.

Last edited:

not4us

Reaction score
Visit site
If I end up ordering online from the US I
ll make sure I don't get charged extra, but I have heard of other people buying from these sites without any extra charges, we'll see.

You are right about the Pirelli's from BikeBiz, I thought they were the old plain Diablo's but they are the Diablo Rosso. I'll have to give them a call to see how much for fitting although according to their website they only have them in 190.
MCA's has the same for $380 but they don't mention fitting either.

It's late today but tomorrow I may call around to get more local prices.

Be wary of ordering from the US. We did as the deal was amazing.
Once we paid they wanted an additional $250 as they didn't realise we were in Aus, even though we emailed and got a quote from them.
Luckily we managed to get our money back.

BTW, we ordered Diablios from Bikebiz - new tyres - they aren't actually old stock. Not discontinued at all.