New 09 FZ6 and FZ6R. For me and the wife.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got these on wednesday.

09 FZ6 and 09 FZ6R
6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

Starting over at zero.

5.jpg

The wife said the graphics had to go. She pulled them off on the spot. I asked the salesman if he ever saw any one do that. And out of the 10+ yrs he's been selling bikes he said no.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
nice, handy having an R around to try out, and it does look a LOT better
with the cheesy decals removed, economy just got a little boost in your
area, for one bike salesman anyway

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
The wife said the graphics had to go. She pulled them off on the spot. I asked the salesman if he ever saw any one do that. And out of the 10+ yrs he's been selling bikes he said no.

Well your wife has good taste then. Doesn't say much for the dealers usual customers though.
Those bikes look horrid (tacky) with them and amazing without.
Anyway congrats and ride safe!

P.S. How did you convince your wife to ride a motorbike?

bgod

Reaction score
Visit site
Simply Awesome!

I thought my wife was pretty tough riding her Yamaha scooter around, but this is cool.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
The 2010 version has much better graphics. The '09 ones, especially on the yellow and white bikes, were terrible. What gets into these guys? Do they do any market research? At least that gives them something to change each year.

Tim

2010 Yamaha FZ6R Gallery, photos, pictures, pics, photo

I have to say, the black version looks pretty good. I'd love to see it with the side plastic removed, ground up and sent to the recycle facility.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. How did you convince your wife to ride a motorbike?

She used to ride two up with me for awhile and then one day decided that she wanted her own bike. She took the safety course and we bought her an 02 250 Virago that she rode for a year. She grew out of it and then she upgraded to a 99 V-Max, which she still has and plans on keeping.

I taught her how to find the friction zone with the clutch while we were waiting for people to show up for a group ride one day. She took off around the parking lot and had no problem. This was of course before she took the safety course.

It's funny, because when I got back into riding 4 yrs ago she was against it a little bit. After she learned to ride she wonders why she didn't learn sooner.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome and congrats!

My wife bought the same bike but she likes the graphics. She calls it the "Army of One" bike as a tribute to the soldiers who protect us! ;) It does have that look to it too.

I'm also partial to the blue... I traded the Cobalt Blue FZ6 for the matching FZ1! :D

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I'm sending my wife through the course this winter, and getting her a bike with the tax return. There is nothing better than having a chick who rides. Enjoy the new bikes.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
The wife rode my 6 several times. We ride each others bikes so it's no big deal. I think that influenced her decision for the FZ6R. Also on most group rides that she and I went on she was one of the only cruisers in the group and almost always rode sweeper. She wanted a sport bike to be able to fit in and not feel like she had to ride sweeper all the time.