Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Can anybody tell me what the part I have marked in blue is called:

fz6sa-albums-tech-stuff-picture2262-nameapart.jpg

It's the little "spark-generator" mounted on each foot-peg. I have worn one of mine down, and need to find a replacement, -
and the task would be simplified allot if I knew what the "real" name for it was.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats just a peg feeling. I dont know the actual name for it but it just lets you know when you are about to scrape peg before you actually do. You dont need it and in fact alot of people take them off. Hope this helps a little bit

FooFazer

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK they're called hero blobs and mine, unfortunately, are pristine

Aha! I knew we called em hero something over here and I don't know why I had nipples on my mind..............erm....... anyway mine are prisine also and will probably stay that way unless I fall off. I was talking about my blobs then and not my nipples, although they are pretty fine too.:spank:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
if you're grinding it down, keep it off. Also, get your body off the bike more and you won't be leaning at such a steep angle which in turn gives you more traction which then gives you more control which gives you more confidence which gives you more speed which gives you more cheers which then gives more beers which then leads to ladies and thus....all because you took off your feelers you will get laid. :D

Donnie869

Bass/BikeMaster
Reaction score
www.palmbaybassmasters.com
I'll try to answer the OP's original query.
It is a lean angle warning indicator. When you are in an aggressive turn and you are leaning your bike way down the "feeler" rubs the road letting you know you are getting close to the maximum lean angle of your bike. When this happens do NOT panic. Stay in your turn and slowly raise up out of your turn. You have a lot more lean in your bike than the "feeler" suggests that you have. Assuming you have good tires.:rolleyes: