My Yamaha FZ600 Won't Start

Claude dashy

Reaction score
Visit site
left it park for a few months and came to start it and it make sound when it about to but wont start can anyone help me out please it a 2005 fz6

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I would look at the battery first to make sure it's cranking over well enough. Make sure it has new, fresh gas and you will probably want to run Seafoam fuel system cleaner or Yamaha's marine grade Ring-Free.

Typically, non starting issues are due to fuel fouling and weak batteries. This is of course assuming the bike was running well before it sat.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^^

Besides charging the battery, put a voltmeter to it or better yet, get it LOAD TESTED. Most auto shops will check it for free and let you know if its good or bad...

A fully charged battery should show about 12.8 volts sitting with nothing on. Cranking, maybe drop as low as 10 volts.. (mine drops to 9 or 10 volts, but its about toast)

If you can siphon the old fuel out(un-less it was stabilized), get out as much as you can.

BTW, I did find Yamaha's RingFree in a combo Yamaha MC shop/jet ski shop, so you may not have to go to a marina...Very, very good stuff...

Claude dashy

Reaction score
Visit site
I checked the battery its ok and fresh gas but i just check that it's not fireing meaning not sending any spark from the lead

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How did you check the battery? Did a store check it, load test?

What's ths static (sitting) voltage.

Can you check the voltage while cranking (spinning over the engine)?

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, what do you mean by no spark from the lead? Did you pull the spark plug cap to check that? Because it needs to be grounded to the engine block to get spark in that case.

If you weren't getting spark, I would think the ECU might throw a code. With that said, pull the right side pod next to the seat and check for any blown fuses.

Claude dashy

Reaction score
Visit site
The battery power is 12.14 when i turn on the motorcycle it has a very heavy sound like it wanna start and the break light comes on but checking the spark plug lead not sending any spark

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The battery power is 12.14 when i turn on the motorcycle it has a very heavy sound like it wanna start and the break light comes on but checking the spark plug lead not sending any spark

12.1 volts sitting, doing NOTHING, is 50% charged.

When you push the starter button, your voltage will drop much more, probably to 6 or 7 volts as the starter has to spin over the engine. With the voltage drop its not enough to run the ignition, fuel injection, etc. Feel free to replace the coils, pu sensor, etc but your wasting your time and your $ and it still won't run...

Put your volt meter on the battery and push the starter button and note the voltage drop.
Please post what the voltage drops to.

That's a poor mans way of doing a load test (which you won't to do for some reason).. It WILL give you a good idea without pullling it.

Trickle charging the battery back to FULL charge may save the battery, may not. (LIkely not).

Good luck..

Here is a a video, from cold start to warm up, to get an idea of the voltages;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127092600@N08/15053644500/

Last edited: