My FE Install

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a Fender Eliminator from ebay.

Attached are some pictures of the install using stock signals and plate light. I am replacing the plate light with some small led bolt lights I found on ebay. And will be replacing the signals as soon as I find a set I like.

*Sorry bike is a little dirty, took the pics after coming back from a run while it was raining...

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics - I was thinking about picking one of these up but wasn't sure how the turn signals and plate light would look mounted up - confirmed my suspicions that the fz6 etching would be pretty much hidden. It'll look nice with some aftermarket signals and bolt lights though.

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess i am the only one to have a bad experience with that guy selling those... Anyway nice job on the install!:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good, i think a smaller plate light and a backlight for the FZ6 cut through would look awesome. but that is a sharp looking FE kit.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice mod! I agree with the plate light thing.... maybe the LED plate bolts?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How long did it take you to do? Would you say it would be easy to do for someone w/ zero electrical wiring experience?

Thanks,
KG

It appears to be like the FAZR6 FE Kit where you use the stock signals and plate light, thus no wiring at all. Just unplug them all after disassemble, then reassemble and plug the three jacks back in. Good to go! :thumbup:

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
How long did it take you to do? Would you say it would be easy to do for someone w/ zero electrical wiring experience?

Thanks,
KG

It took me about 45 mins and I do not have much electrical experience. I never needed to cut or splice any wires. But that will change when I get the new bold lights and signals.

jwhelan

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: My FE Install Part deux!

Not sure how it happened, but while coming home from work I heard some noise from the back of the bike. I stopped and took a look, and the FE snapped in half :spank: I was extremely upset. So I decided to build my own FE. My new FE is back further under the exhaust. I used some scrap metal I found in my shed, and used some black spray paint. I just gotta clean up the wires a little. Took about 35 minutes to create and install. I like it a lot more than the one I purchased from ebay. The last pic shows my plate bolt leds that I finally received.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that it broke mate,but good job on the home made one :thumbup:

I was looking at that one , I think you just put me off it .