my 1st Mod

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I bid/won (Ebay) my first mod, Shogun Frame Sliders. I paid around $38 after shipping. I've read numerous threads on here about installing them. I'm undecided if I will put them on or let a professional do it.

I think my next mod will be FZ1 handle bars. It's hard throwing money into a bike during this economic climate..:(

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
if you have the money, do it. It's justified because you are helping the economy. With that said, congratulations on your first mod. I have the Shoguns and have yet to use them, but they seem nice.

D

Deleted member 2349

I have shoguns and like em a lot. I borrowed a torque wrench from a buddy, bought a metric bit and some blue loc-tight. Its a very easy mod to do yourself. Plus the more you do yourself the better you feel, I just wish I was set up to do more mechanical mods. Good luck trying not to spend too much on the mods...I try not to but then I find a deal that I can't talk myself out of.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Dude, it's unscrewing a bolt and screwing it back in. As far as mods go, it really dosen't get any easier than this.

If you can tie your own shoes, I'm pretty confident you can do this 'mod'.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, Greg. Likely to be the first mod of many!!

When you're installing the frame sliders (it's really easy!) just make sure to do one side at a time, since the bolts that hold the slider are also engine mounts. If you were to remove both sides at once, the engine may sag a bit in the frame and you'll have a heck of a time re-aligning.

Just take your time, do one side at a time, and for what it's worth, you've made the best "first-mod" possible.

Gear up, and be safe out there :rockon:

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Do it yourself man, I did mine, borrowed a torque wrench and it was a snap. I'm in tool buying mode now... if I need it once I'll probably need it again. But really, it's easy. Congrats!

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright, enough said, I promise I will do this EASY mod myself. Thanks for the tip not to remove both at the same time. I don't want to end up in the Hall of Shame from not doing an easy mod like this.

One beer per side.... I think I can handle that....:p

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bid/won (Ebay) my first mod, Shogun Frame Sliders. I paid around $38 after shipping. I've read numerous threads on here about installing them. I'm undecided if I will put them on or let a professional do it.

I think my next mod will be FZ1 handle bars. It's hard throwing money into a bike during this economic climate..:(
And now the modding addiction starts! :thumbup: I can't wait to see what you've done to it in a years time!!! :D

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed frame sliders as my first mod today. OES Accessories offer two sizes for the width and I went with the larger of the two (1 3/4 inch and 2 inch). Some of the frame sliders have two lengths (the longer for the driver side) but these are both the same length.

I was surprises the fame bolt was 5/16 inch. Being a Yamaha I thought it would have been metric. Everyone was right about how easy it was.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

fz1 bars are worth it. trust me man. i just did it. night and day difference. biggest difference one single mod can have on your actual riding experience imo.