Moving Givi Top Case further back?

wdevine

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, pretty new to this forum and new to my bike, 2008 FZ6, in blue!

I recently installed the Givi top case on the bike. I really like it aside from one thing. I'd like to use it as a pillion backrest and found it sits way too far forward to really be comfortable.

I actually already made a plate that moved the case back 2.5 inches. It's a bit better, but a few more inches would really make it perfect I think. Is there anything out there that fits a Givi top case that's either adjustable or just holds the case further back? Any help would be awesome.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't seen anything either short of fabricating something. But, you'll want to watch that you don't move it back and put something very heavy in it that would have an adverse affect on your handling. It would be good for doing wheelies though. ;)

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
The general consensus on this site is that the padded givi backrests which you can mount to the case cause the passenger top be pushed too far forward. Try removing that first.

Also, I have the Givi brand top rack - with and even without a top case on it, I feel that it obscures your tail light some, especially for taller trucks behind you. Pushing the rack farther back will only obscure it more.

Another thing, it moving the weight further back will increase the stress on the mounting points of the rack - similar to how if you put a pipe on the end of a ratchet you get more torque with the same amount of force.