Might be a silly question (exhaust baffles)

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive got scorps currently running with no db killers or baffles. I love the muted raw rasp of the baffles in but I also love the deep howl of no baffles. Question is what about one baffle in one baffle out? Would this adversely effect the balance of flow and performance or effect the life of the exhaust?

I might do a Vid sound comparison I've not even tried it yet just an idea.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With the "Y" pipe right before the mufflers, shouldn't be an issue.

The additional back pressure goes back into ONE pipe, so it's not like your obstructing a separate pipe from the others...

I'd probably baffle the straight thru pipe (right/brake side).

Plz post back how it sounds..

jesse_sanders

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about doing this same thing with my mivv exhaust just to try and get rid of some of the drone and echo in my helmet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Been running the Two Bro that way for a couple years now. If you were to say that 1 + 1 = 2 and then make a 1 a zero (baffle in), it doesn't cut the roar in 1/2. It does tame it down a bit. More like a 1.65.
Mines open on the right. Why hinder the flow!

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
Tried one in the non straight through side today, didn't really sound better just a tad quieter. Liked the sound better higher in the revs and probably me but felt a tad punchier higher in the revs too. Took it back out again hehe. Also the non symmetrical view from behind bugged me a bit.

jamesf

Reaction score
Visit site
It certainly won't create uneven back pressure since it Y's like other posters have said. The only thing that may happen is that there may be some increase of turbulence right before the split for the two mufflers. If that happens then I'd guess the flow will still be better than w/ both DB killers, but not = 0.5*(Flow w/ no Db Killers). Either way no harm whatsoever in doing that.