What would you buy?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
ok. A few words on the loudness of the Leos.

I live on a twisty road so I like to ride quickly on my home stretch. The good road starts exactly one mile from my house. My wife has told me she can hear me turn onto said road.
Ok, so that example is heresay, since he said she said.... but here is the only first hand example I can give.
I let my brother ride my FZ6 about 3 weeks ago around my home town. It is a small rural town of around 5k people with mostly side streets where you can only ride 30mph. From my parents driveway, I could hear and pinpoint my brother's (and my bike's) location without any strain. He was gone on the bike for probably 5-10 minutes and admittedly never went over 6k rpm. (I believe him because I could hear him the whole time!) The Leos are great in my opinion and my bike has sold several exhaust systems for Leo Vince.

Sound should be the same regardless of which can composition: carbon, titanium or aluminum.

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that, appreciate the feedback.
Sounds like a nice exhaust you have. If you have a vid please post
Baffles out, by pass pipe and Leos may be the way to go.
Especially as I can get this 'new' set for £300 delivered.

Gonna make a decision soon....:thumbup:

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, I too was very interested in the Devil cans for my fizzer. I still think they're the best looking AND sounding cans available!

After running around to several websites and trying to order direct; I'm not sure what's up with Devil right now. Don't think they're out of business or anything, but they're unobtainium right now! (at least I had no luck)

SO, after searching for the closest cans I could find, I came up with the MIVV Sport Line series pipes. They are almost identical in looks and sound IMHO. Great deep tone like that of the Devils. You can search YouTube and listen to 'em for yourself. I just bought some of the Carbon Oval series off FleaBay for around $580 shipped. I think they're also available in stainless or aluminum for slightly less $$$.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the install and performance when they get here, as I don't think many folks have this exhaust on their bike and I feel they will be a great alternative to the Devil cans.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW, I too was very interested in the Devil cans for my fizzer. I still think they're the best looking AND sounding cans available!

After running around to several websites and trying to order direct; I'm not sure what's up with Devil right now. Don't think they're out of business or anything, but they're unobtainium right now! (at least I had no luck)

I ordered mine directly from themanufacturer about amonth anda half ago. The cans were backordered for a week then once the had them in stock i got them 2 days after.

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
OK
in interests if european buyers....

Admin PM'd me with a $120 ship fee.
add to $750 carbons and total is $870. £589GBP as of rate now.
I am presuming this is before import duty and VAT.

Items shipped in from outside EU are subject to this. I am unaware of import duty rate but VAT is 17.5%

This equals a pricey pair of two bros carbons.

Kahuna cycle on ebay uk is importing two bros carbon to uk, paying the vat and import tax (delivering from uk base) for an all in price of £638 which i think is cheaper than group buy presuming the above.

I'm thinking devils for £465 direct from devil uk with free shipping and no tax then drill those rivets.....

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
OK
in interests if european buyers....

Admin PM'd me with a $120 ship fee.
add to $750 carbons and total is $870. £589GBP as of rate now.
I am presuming this is before import duty and VAT.

Items shipped in from outside EU are subject to this. I am unaware of import duty rate but VAT is 17.5%

This equals a pricey pair of two bros carbons.

Kahuna cycle on ebay uk is importing two bros carbon to uk, paying the vat and import tax (delivering from uk base) for an all in price of £638 which i think is cheaper than group buy presuming the above.

I'm thinking devils for £465 direct from devil uk with free shipping and no tax then drill those rivets.....

drill rivets? is that what you have to do to remove db killers on those?

fzinger

Urban Cowboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah. Same with the Mivvs...

Gonna do the same with mine. Trying to think of a way to make it quick and painless to install/remove the DB Killers once the rivets are gone (i.e. WITHOUT tools!)

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Yeah. Same with the Mivvs...

Gonna do the same with mine. Trying to think of a way to make it quick and painless to install/remove the DB Killers once the rivets are gone (i.e. WITHOUT tools!)

That's pretty crappy. On the Leo Vince, you just have an allen bolt to remove then just pull them out. They even give you bolts that fit the holes with the db killers out so everything is flush. Top notch.

Oh, and I'm uploading to youtube a video I took today of some flying passes on the FZ6 so you can hear the Leo Vince at speed.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, I must be getting old...

I thought that the scorpions had a very nice sound. I had paired them with the arrow mid-pipe, which gets rid of the catastrophic converter. But I found that, in addition to the givi issue, when I have to do about a 2 hour commute (one way), even with earplugs the noise got to me. Not that they were too loud, but they were just loud and it got annoying.

And I don't believe the line about "loud pipes save lives." I think it's something called the Doppler effect. ymmv

I suppose it may have to do with what we're all doing with our individual machines. Mine is for commuting and my rides are longer than most. If I had a second fz6 to just go naked and fart around on short rides, then I'd be all over the scorpions -- I think that they sound great.

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
drill rivets? is that what you have to do to remove db killers on those?

Apparantly so. I think that is why there is deviation on sound clips for devil exhausts. Some (the loud ones) I presume have the baffle rivet drilled out and maybe a cat bypass. Others are just the slip on and IMO sound a little raspy.

I like a nice deep tone on idle similar to two brothers. When the Devil is revved it sounds unbelievable (with above done)

Does anyone know if, say, the Arrow/Laser etc cat bypass pipe would marry up to the devil system from their own experience?

P.S. Ordered the Devil system last night. £469 all in shipped.
Thanks for all the advice guys:thumbup:

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if, say, the Arrow/Laser etc cat bypass pipe would marry up to the devil system from their own experience?

P.S. Ordered the Devil system last night. £469 all in shipped.
Thanks for all the advice guys:thumbup:

Im pretty sure that the cat elim pipes will fit on any system

Congrats on the Devil cans. :cheer: Let me know how it sounds if you drill out the rivets:thumbup: