What would you buy?

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
I know there has been loads of posts on exhausts, and I have used these to come to this decision.
Let me know your thoughts as this is probably the biggest spend I will have on the bike and want to get it right!

I have narrowed MY desired exhaust down to 3:

Devil
Two Brothers
Scorpion

All in carbon, all with db killers removed :thumbup:
I personally like my exhausts loud. I have a 2008 FZ6s in Midnight black so carbon would look good with this colour.

I have PM'd Admin on group buy but have yet to recieve an answer and the TB system elsewhere is nearly $1000!! with postage to Ireland.

I can get the Devil for £465 GBP free postage and nearly same price for Scorpion. Givi racks fit with scorpions but not devil I have learned. :eek:

BUT I am hedging towards devil (my last three digits on bike number plate are 666!) (no I am not satanic!) :innocent: as I love the raw sound but have heard some 'raspy' versions on you tube and am concerned I may get this.

TB is consistently deep and loud.

Not enough drive by's or idles of debaffled scorpions on you tube. I don't know of any fellow bikers over here with any of the above that I can listen too in person....

SO.....
TB but mega expensive?:jawdrop::
DEVIL with chance of rasp and no fitting of Givi?:eek::
Or SCORPION decent all rounder and can use Givi?:rolleyes:

What would you buy????:confused:

Yes I like the smilies

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i fond myself exactyl where you are when i wanted aftermarket cans. I went for Scorps as best overlal on price/looks/sound.

vid a bit dark but it give you some idea of the sound with the DB's out. i took them out on day one have never put them back

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=614fFDtyvgs"]YouTube - Scorpion Exhausts on 2007 FZ6 Fazer[/ame]

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Devil cans. I havent heard them in person as I am currently deployed overseas. My dad installed themfor me and said that they sound AMAZING. There is fitment issues with the cans. My fender eleminator had to be modified to fit.

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
I did post this on the TB sound drive-by's if you haven't already seen (heard) it. ;)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-videos/8310-my-fz6-two-bro-exhaust-p1s.html

I can't comment on your three choices as I haven't seen or heard any other FZ6's here with other pipes in person. I can only say that the TB's are louder than the stock, yupp, you can take that to the bank.

Thanks bd43, yeah I did hear your video and it's great - in fact it really made me want the TB and I still would get them. Hopefully admin will let me know if the group buy is still running - does anyone else know???:confused:

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
i fond myself exactyl where you are when i wanted aftermarket cans. I went for Scorps as best overlal on price/looks/sound.

vid a bit dark but it give you some idea of the sound with the DB's out. i took them out on day one have never put them back

YouTube - Scorpion Exhausts on 2007 FZ6 Fazer

So I guess you know the quandry!!Nice choice, carbon looks great and the ends are one of the nicest IMO! Thanks for the vid:thumbup:

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Devil cans. I havent heard them in person as I am currently deployed overseas. My dad installed themfor me and said that they sound AMAZING. There is fitment issues with the cans. My fender eleminator had to be modified to fit.

Yeah I heard they aren't the best fit....
And I have heard a couple of clips where they sound unbelievable but a few others where they aren't as deep and almost raspy but the clips don't say if db killers removed.....:spank:
I just wish I could have 3 or 4 fz6's side by side in person all with db killers in so the choice would be easier!!! ;)
Still, it's a nice choice to HAVE to make!!:thumbup:

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
About the TB Group buy:

I'd just be patient w/ admin regarding group buy. I ordered mine and paid ~700 US Dollars (this includes paypal fee and shipping to US.) It has taken a while for mine to come in (waiting at 3.5 weeks right now) but this is because the TB TIs had to be ordered from the factory. I guess that is my advice if you want the TBs. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The TB group buy is a very good value. If I was going for a very nice sounding loud, not saying that the TB isn't, I'd spring for the Devils. I think they look great and sound amazing!

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a note about the new scorpions. The new ones are more oval in shape than the old ones, I think. I have only seen pics of the older tip style cans from the side so can't be sure that they are/were in fact round.

I had to remove my givi when I put the scorpions on. There's a piece of the givi rack that mounted around the stock exhaust would not reach around the scorp oval cans. I'm sure someone with access to the right machines or a good machinist could manage to adapt the givi, but I couldn't.

In the end, I went back to the stock exhaust because I'd rather have the givi.

ymmv

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
About the TB Group buy:

I'd just be patient w/ admin regarding group buy. I ordered mine and paid ~700 US Dollars (this includes paypal fee and shipping to US.) It has taken a while for mine to come in (waiting at 3.5 weeks right now) but this is because the TB TIs had to be ordered from the factory. I guess that is my advice if you want the TBs. :thumbup:

Admin must be busy. How long did it take for you to get a reply to enable you to place your order? 700USdollars is a decent price!

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site
Good advice about the givi and oval scorps - hmmmm sheds a different light on things now. In Europe we can get OEM Yamaha topbox and rack that fits to handrails....it's a bit more expensive £200GBP for both but means we can put any exhaust on but unfortunately no hard panniers. I'm thinkin at the minute of takin a chance on the devils and go OEM for top box.....

Fitted givi screen and OEM knuckle visors (!) today (got visors free with new bike) - they made such a difference to wind buffeting - much more pleasant ride

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
Admin must be busy. How long did it take for you to get a reply to enable you to place your order? 700USdollars is a decent price!

A couple days or so... You will need to talk with him regarding shipping outside of the US. And I think you may run into some additional taxes??? I think some members on your side of the Atlantic have participated... maybe ask them the details? :thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
you wouldn't want the scorpions if you truly want LOUD. Two friends of mine have them on their fz6's and.... well, they sound ok but not nearly as nice as my leo vince.
Leo Vince systems come with a cat eliminator pipe which not only gives more power but with the db killers out, I have heard nothing louder! I have carbon Leo Vince cans and couldn't be happier!

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
When I get enough money saved up, I'm going for a set of Leo's. I think they're a little louder than the Scorpions, but much quieter than the Two Brothers. But this is only from what I've heard on the You Tube videos.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
When I get enough money saved up, I'm going for a set of Leo's. I think they're a little louder than the Scorpions, but much quieter than the Two Brothers. But this is only from what I've heard on the You Tube videos.

they are significantly louder than the scorpions even with the db killers still in and similar ...nearly identical to two brother's with the db killers out.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
they are significantly louder than the scorpions even with the db killers still in and similar ...nearly identical to two brother's with the db killers out.

have you heard the TB's befor? so the leos sre that lound without the DB killer? and it makes a big differnts when they are in. cant wait to get my leos. couldnt decied on the sound, want loud at times and want to keep it down at others

rusty1

Reaction score
Visit site

Seriously? The videos suggest leos withou db killers are not as loud as two brothers without tb...:confused:
Hmmm, might opt for leos then - I can get second hand (500miles) leos but not carbon for £300 incl. postage and cat bypass.:sinister:
If they are that loud then for the price it might be a good deal. Are the titanium leos as loud as carbon leos?

Jees this is a head wrecker!

What's your take on the devils?